[NL20-NL50] 75s 3 barrel

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 23.69, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 8.62, Hands: 1,833)
      Hero (CO): 303.42 BB
      BTN: 130.32 BB (VPIP: 22.51, PFR: 17.93, 3Bet Preflop: 6.84, Hands: 1,221)
      SB: 103 BB (VPIP: 21.17, PFR: 18.25, 3Bet Preflop: 6.81, Hands: 2,043)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:diamond: 7:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 3 players) 9:heart: 4:club: 3:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets 6.64 BB, BTN calls 6.64 BB, fold

Turn: (22.78 BB, 2 players) 2:club:
      Hero bets 15.94 BB, BTN calls 15.94 BB

River: (54.66 BB, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero bets 38.26 BB, fold

Hero shows 5:diamond: 7:diamond: (High Card, Ten)
      Hero wins 51.94 BB

is it ok cbet flop with gutshot, and they are folding 56% and 60%?

Is it then ok to cbet turn and risk to get raised, or better check call? Is it ok on river bet, I think he has almost always busted fd since he didnt raise me on this board flop or turn, sometimes he has 9x, but also that is hard to call.
  • 6 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I think Flop cbet is standard even if they don't fold so often (both have 45% fold to Cbet)

Turn: Hmm You pick up the OESD but board is really draw heavy I don't think he folds much.

I feel like you have to barrel many rivers

River: I'm not sure how good barreling a blank river is cos you would often get hero-called by 9X or some mid pocket pair. Really depends on how nitty villain is as well as your image. If you are betting this, I suppose you are betting all the busted club and heart draws as well? That makes it a really easy call on the River when villain has any bluff catcher.

I would usually bluff the clubs and hearts.

Thanks.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Flop: I think Flop cbet is standard even if they don't fold so often (both have 45% fold to Cbet)

Turn: Hmm You pick up the OESD but board is really draw heavy I don't think he folds much.

I feel like you have to barrel many rivers

River: I'm not sure how good barreling a blank river is cos you would often get hero-called by 9X or some mid pocket pair. Really depends on how nitty villain is as well as your image. If you are betting this, I suppose you are betting all the busted club and heart draws as well? That makes it a really easy call on the River when villain has any bluff catcher.

I would usually bluff the clubs and hearts.

Thanks.
      Why would you bluff if the flush completes? I think he has the fd here most of the time. It is very hard that he would call 9x 3way turn barrel, because he is tight. So I planned to fold if flush completes.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well you have a point here indeed especially for earlier positions with a 3way dynamic. I guess my points are more valid in headsup situations especially in late position situations whereby villain can have a lot more top pair bluff catchers.

If you want to fold out busted flush draws I think you can just bet smaller though cos I don't think you are folding out made hands too often on this runout. I think you should always barrel clubs though cos you just have way more clubs in your river betting range than his Turn calling range.

I'm still not too convinced that the Turn barrel is good (even though I actually bet the Turn myself a lot) cos I think any flush draw is not folding and any pair is also not folding given the 3way dynamic.

At least in headsup you can have villain floating you with some overs or Ace high so at least you will have some fold equity some of the time on the Turn.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by mbml
      Well you have a point here indeed especially for earlier positions with a 3way dynamic. I guess my points are more valid in headsup situations especially in late position situations whereby villain can have a lot more top pair bluff catchers.

If you want to fold out busted flush draws I think you can just bet smaller though cos I don't think you are folding out made hands too often on this runout. I think you should always barrel clubs though cos you just have way more clubs in your river betting range than his Turn calling range.

I'm still not too convinced that the Turn barrel is good (even though I actually bet the Turn myself a lot) cos I think any flush draw is not folding and any pair is also not folding given the 3way dynamic.

At least in headsup you can have villain floating you with some overs or Ace high so at least you will have some fold equity some of the time on the Turn.
      I agree that bet turn is not ok. I didnt expect FE on turn, but I planned to bet river and expected FE there, and also had outs.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i get what you mean, i usually 3barrel here pretty often. just that when i think about it in theory, i suspect checking is the better play.

I'm not entirely sure about this spot though and is really dependent on whether villain folds bluff catching pairs even on blanks, and how often he is on a draw himself which would just call Turn fold River.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      I think offsuited board with same structure is better suited for barreling in 3way.