Sick downswing.....

• Winitall
      Winitall
      Bronze
      did you guys encounter this kind of bad luck??

pocket kings got taken down 6 times.

pocket aces got taken down 3 times.

pokcet queens got taken down twice.

and jacks, folded twice after the flop, could been worse.

a horrible night.....

sigh,

not to mention getting river with 4 cards flush, held king high, the other guy chased for an ace high with no reason 3 times. sigh...

top pair with great kicker got cracked at least 4 times with some stupid ass people chasing the lower pair.

down 40 bb now. so stupid.
  • 7 replies
    • Winitall
      Winitall
      Bronze
      flopped straight 4-5 times, and at least 3 of them were rainbow flop.

then they chased it for a fuckin back door flush. the other 2 lost to fullhouses....

40 bb... my 40 BB!!!!
    • Winitall
      Winitall
      Bronze
      i still couldnt believe, all these aa and kk , couldnt even win once. had to pay all these off with a hidden sets, or two pairs.
    • ecaldeira
      ecaldeira
      Bronze
      40 bb... sick...
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      everyone i talked to took horrible beats recently. I had several tourneys in a row busted from one or two outers - managed to climb back from -10BI to -4BI in the end.. after the fish were mostly gone. Go figure.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Are you talking about Fixed limit? If so 40BB is not even 2 buyins at the recommended 25BB so honestly if the worst you are getting is 40BB bad luck streaks then consider yourself lucky. Expect 50-100BB as a moderately heavy downswing and 150BB+ towards the bad end if ur playing 10 player. If playing 6-max expect 200BB+ downswings as a possibility.
    • masfe
      masfe
      Bronze
      Btw terrorblade, can you tell me if this graph is standard for SH?

I'm kinda new to FL, played some 1/2 but i was feeling too weak, so i moved down to 0.5/1 and i'm learning the game at this level.

I probably have a lot of weak points yet but i had so far 4 downswing of ~100BB in 12k hands. Is this standard?

Stats: 23/15.5/2
      WTS:35.7 W@SD: 51.5
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Your stats look fine for someone starting out on SH maybe a bit more aggressive preflop though, don't be afraid to 3-bet preflop to push your equity edge.

Technically it's more like a 100BB downswing over 12k hands which is perfectly normal even if you're playing really well, however if there are certain situations that you feel uncomfortable with then ask in the FL forum and post as many hands as you can while you play your sessions, this last thing is the most important of all.