[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh AQ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      sorry about the mistakes in numbers. i couldnt export the hand properly because of the problems with HM2 and FTP. the sizings were standard bet sizings. a few BB over half pot on flop and turn. on the river villain bet pretty small - like $2.68 into ~$8.40 or something. and we were deep

0/0 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      Table Lightning

Stacks:
      UTG (6) 63bb
      UTG+1 (2) 19bb
      CO (18) 178bb
      DrDunne (BTN) (15) 145bb
      SB (10) 104bb
      BB (12) 119bb

Blinds: 0/0

Pre-Flop: (0, 6 players) DrDunne is BTN A:spade: Q:diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to 0, DrDunne raises to 1, 2 folds, CO calls 1

Flop: J:diamond: 7:club: Q:club: (2, 2 players)
      CO checks, DrDunne bets 1, CO calls 1

Turn: 2:club: (3, 2 players)
      CO checks, DrDunne bets 2, CO calls 2

River: A:diamond: (8, 2 players)
      CO bets 2, DrDunne???

villain is an unknown and no HUD on rush.

although i get lolodds, i just don't see myself as ahead here so i folded.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

That's way too weak... I was even thinking of raising :) (though I think calling is probably the best play)

Let's see, you lose to both KT and clubs. Sometimes he shows up with AT/AK/AJ and sometimes he randomly turns JX into a bluff (this type of play is way more common than you actually think, based on my personal experience).

I think this is an easy call and it's not close. Also remember that fishes bluff way more often than they should.

If he bets 2.68 into 8.40, he is offering you pot odds of 19.4%. Maybe the average reg bluffs way less often than 19% but i can assure you that the fish typically bluffs here at least 30-35% of the time which makes this a super easy call when the pot equity you have is twice as much as the pot odds being offered to you.

Thanks.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ah fail :facepalm: you are the second person to consider raising lol. i think this hand represents a leak in my game but i'm not so sure exactly what leak it is. i mean during this hand i was waiting for an opportunity to fold against any line that looks nutted. i was bet/folding all the way, and then whenever he donked like this on the river i just facepalmed because to me the donkbet is always nutted. i played it weak but while i was in this hand it felt so sick that he took this line... i'm always making folds vs this river donk (maybe not always to these ones that are so small). also i don't have info that he is a fish so i really don't know. in my mind this was a really strong hand like a straight or a flush that he bet small because he wanted me to call...
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      well i can assure u he's a fish cos regs don't take this line :)

for passive fish, small bets tend to much weaker than large ones
      for aggro fish, small and large bets could mean anything