monitor

• 5 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799
      What's the best choice?
      correct me if im wrong, but i dont think it matters, just get a cheap one from a good manufacturor, and make sure there is a digital input.

If you get two, make sure you get the same one twice, for aesthetic reasons.

I have the iiyama prolite E2403WS 24" 2x, but thats more coincedence then for any other reason.
    • douglasjastewart
      douglasjastewart
      Bronze
      Oh it matters, you have contrast ratios, brightness, resolution, response time, the possibility of speakers and it's input type to take into consideration. Oh size of course too and other features.

It all depends on what you are using your computer for. So what are you looking for?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by douglasjastewart
      Oh it matters, you have contrast ratios, brightness, resolution, response time
      this. well, except response time, the human brain can't notice response time differences under 12ms or so (might be 16, not sure - anyway, you'll only notice if you're a hyper-caffeinated counter-strike nerd). But anyway, look out for contrast ratio, brightness, but more importantly just image quality. I got 2 24" acer x243w, since they were the cheapest around (450$/piece) and had good specs - but they have a matte panel (is there a term for this?) - and although it's ok for text processing, playing poker etc, if you like having a good, clean picture, you should definitely get a glazed monitor - like the version just above the ones I got, forget the exact name - as long as they don't get any direct light (they're very reflective), the image is much nicer, def. worth the extra 50-100$ imo
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799
      What's the best choice?
      A working one! :tongue:
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Well i also should buy new one :D

Playing 9-18 tables on really old 14 inch iiyama was fun but now is time to buy new one and try to keep this one to sell in few years as oldtimer :D

So any good suggestion would be nice ;)