BTN: 103.6 BB
      SB: 99.88 BB
      Hero (BB): 99.76 BB
      UTG: 312.16 BB
      MP: 106.6 BB
      CO: 142.16 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, SB calls 2.6 BB, Hero raises to 12 BB, fold, SB calls 9 BB
      btn is a reg, sb is 1-tabling.

Flop: (27 BB, 2 players) 4:spade: 5:club: 5:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 13.2 BB, SB calls 13.2 BB

Turn: (53.4 BB, 2 players) J:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 28 BB, SB calls 28 BB

River: (109.4 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 46.56 BB and is all-in...

i assume sb is fishy once he goes call-call pre.
      just doing a line check - what about preflop and sizings? postflop completely standard?

i think closest spot is on the flop, it's probably actually pretty likely that he calls A high and we don't really want to spew turns and rivers against his PP or whatever.
      that said i think it's still okay to cbet and reevaluate (aka "mostly give up") with bdfd.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Looks alright to me, i like the squeeze a lot more since isolating the fish would be great

Flop: I think betting is pretty standard. Remember that SB is a fish and I think his range here is going to be really wide. The wider your opponent's calling range is, the more favourable betting becomes on such low paired Flops which are great for PPs and Ace high (cos he would simply have more hands which have to fold).

Turn: Barrel any Q/K/A/J/spade, I think that's a good amount of the deck already. I think half pot is fine.

River: I think the shove is fine too. I think he never folds 66/77/99/TT which is 24 combos. Now i just wonder how many boats he has here - maybe 4 combos? And he could have some AJ floats, maybe 2-8 combos.

You are still beating a significant portion of his range, and if he has 44 he would also have 22/33 as well.