BTN: $28.98
      SB: $25.10

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has Q:club: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.85, 2 players) Q:spade: 4:spade: 2:spade:
      Hero bets $1.25, CO raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $12.75, fold

Villain is unknown looks regish.
      Is it better to fast play this flop o r flat his raise.
      My logic is that he might whant to protect his KQ or some Qj and sets off course so ill get more action on flop than on turn if another spade hits he might stop action, i dont know maybe is more value in flathing vs his bluff and value range but i cant find so many reasons so how do you see it ?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      Hey D,

Neither is wrong because your equity is good either way plus you have a strong hand already that can call to bluffcatch. Good made hand + strong redraw can go either way, it's more of a question how you want to construct your range. I think 3betting here looks quite strong and I don't do it too often since I don't get raised often either. Plus, I want to be able to bet/call more hands so I include sets, flushes and a whole other hands like AQ with a redraw in my calling range here instead of 3betting.

Most opponent's range is polarised for raising so then 3betting, although +EV, ends up you getting it in against mostly stronger hands. Against KQ, QJ you can get more money in later, definitely they won't stack off imo so you make him fold some equity with like some free cards or pair turned into a bluff but overall when you get it in you will be behind imo.