This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR 75s turn spot - calculating pot / implied odds

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Known Players:
      MP2: $5.07 - 101 bb
      MP3: $2.80 - 56 bb
      CO: $6.06 - 121 bb
      BU: $5.00 - 100 bb
      SB: $5.35 - 107 bb
      BB: $8.45 - 169 bb

0.02/0.05 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:club: , 5:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0.02), BB posts big blind ($0.05), 2 folds, Hero raises for $0.12, BU calls, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.31 - 6.20 bb) J:diamond: , 7:spade: , 6:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU calls

Turn: ($0.71 - 14.20 bb) A:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BU raises for $1.35, Hero calls

River: ($3.41 - 68.20 bb) K:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BU checks

------

PREFLOP
      Stealing wider (any2 as if I was BU) because:
      BU was 12/9/0 over 186 - nit.
      SB was 9/9/0 over 47 - nit.
      BB was 22/17/0 over 23 - I assume passive as no 3bets yet :) I don't mind playing him as we are a bit deeper 120 BB and I'm confident I can outplay the guy postflop.
      Also my opening is only 2.4 BB to accomodate for my wider range.

FLOP
      A nice flop to cbet for value / protection. I expect to have a decent FE vs BWs.

TURN
      I could creddibly rep an Ax and make BU fold TT-88 / possibly 78 / 79.
      I also got nice equity with 14 outs.
      When raised I assume he has 2pair+. I get 2.59 : 1 odds and I need 6 : 1 (I have 7 clean outs) meaning that I'll have to get extra $3.24 on the river.
      I expect my implied odds to be good enough because:
      #1 My FD is deceptive as it's a BDFD.
      #2 The opponent is a nit so it's likely he has a strong hand when he raises.
      #3 There's less than a pot size bet left on the river.

So my plan was:
      #1 If I improve to flush - shove the river.
      #2 If I improve to 2pair/trips/flush with paired board - bet/fold $1 (I assume I would be raised only by a FH on a paired board).
      #3 Fold if unimproved.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I don't mind raising but this is one of the weakest hands I would raise here.

Betting the flop is kind of close here, since I do expect that the guy is very PP heavy, and I don't think this guy calls a hand like QT for example.
      I wouldn't say it is too bad if we don't plan to fight for the pot if a bad turn card comes.

On the turn I like betting again as the card is a good to bet since it improves both our equity and fold equity.
      When he raises we need roughly around 28% to call, and against AJ/77/66/JJ we have 21% so calling is fine.
      I don't like planning about donking the river here if we improve, so I'd go for a check/call there.
      Also, if we do hit two pair I think it is a clear fold there as the guy is not raising less than two pair on the turn here.

Best,
      Plamen