Skodljivec's coachings

• Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

I'm pleased to announce, that i will have a live coaching on PokerStrategy.com twice a month on thursdays (the other 2 weeks will be Ribbo's, like they were before).

I will focus on teaching microstakes, probably playing plo10 and plo25, depends on what the requests will be.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions or feedback, this is the thread to write it down :)

Have a nice day,

Skodljivec
  • 138 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
    • Anarkii14
      Anarkii14
      Bronze
      Fantastic news. I am from SK/CZ community and I`m looking forward to watch your coaching. I can`t miss all Boarrder`s and Ribbo`s training and your will be in the same category, well done sir ;)

I`m a PLO10 player now, but hope to go up to PLO20 soon
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Awesome!
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      So my first coaching will be this thursday and every second one after that (ribbo will have the other 2 weeks covered).

For the first one i'll probably do a live session of me playing plo10 at Pokerstars.

However, i'll gladly listen to any suggestions, so please let me know what kind of coachings you'd like to see :)
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      This might interest some of you; i forgot to show you the stats of our session, so here they are:

VPIP 21
      PFR 17
      3b 1,8
      WTSD 23
      Agg 8,14
      flop c/bet 66%

300 hands.

The stats that pop out are 3b and Agg; of course this is due to the small sample. When i played at these stakes my 3b was around 5, and agg around 3,5. I was also playing looser, but thinking back on it, playing such a TAG way would be better.

If you have any feedback or future ideas let me know :)
    • ursusmm
      ursusmm
      Bronze
      I really liked the coaching.
      Maybe you can pick one topic for each coaching and talk about that when there is some free time between hands.
      Also you should put the link to twitch in the coaching info the next time, so people who join later don't have to ask for the link.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ursusmm

Also you should put the link to twitch in the coaching info the next time, so people who join later don't have to ask for the link.
      The stream appears on the main coaching page, so you can't actually join the chat without seeing it. :f_biggrin:
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Any way to watch again if we missed it?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Here it is: http://www.twitch.tv/pokerstrategy_english/b/407279279

Available for at least 4 days :f_love:
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      I'm happy to speak about a topic, but i would incourage you guys to choose one. Tell me what you would like, and the topic that gets the most mentiones will be discussed :)
    • Javito987
      Javito987
      Bronze
      Really nice coaching session yesterday. If I had to choose a topic I would say raised and 3bet pots oop. Thank you very much!
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      Hi

I would like to talk about playing 3bet pots out of position :_)
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Haven't you watched his new video? Don't 3bet oop that much, that will cure the problems. ;)

Seriously, playing 3bet pots oop sucks. As you can see, many players have problems in those spots. The best way to avoid tough situations is to stay away from them. Or at least have a good plan and idea of what you are doing and why.
    • Javito987
      Javito987
      Bronze
      Thanks kyyberi, but what if we open raise a hand like KKXX and we got 3bet from the button who can do it with a wide range. Should we fold,call, 4bet preflop? If we call we are in trouble then
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      When you face a 3bet there, you need to think ahead. If BTN has wide 3bet range, then you adjust to that. Depending on stack sizes, what kind of side cards you have and what tendencies your opponent has, you can shove, call or fold there.

When you know WHY you do one of those preflop, it tells you what to do on flop.
    • pejja8
      pejja8
      Bronze
      I like to hear about sh deepstacked plo and more theory behind pot/ stack ratio
      what kind of hands i can stack off with when the pot is large both on flop or turn. Which other hands with good equity. Not only the nuts
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Good explanations from Kyyberi. Just keep adding ideas... I'll focus on the one with the most interested, be it 3b pots oop or spr or something alse :) . If for example 3b oop pots are what you want, be more detailed (when we 3b or when we face a 3b etc,,), and i'll add some of my own examples in the HM HH reviewer.
    • Javito987
      Javito987
      Bronze
      Thank you for the explanation kyyberi. I am also interested in raised pots oop both hu or multiway
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      Thanks Kyyberi

I have been experimenting with various situations and am trying to learn how to deal with them.
      I know in PLO the 3 most important things are:

1. position
      2. position
      3. position

:-)