This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Speed JJ

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Silver
      Known Players:
      MP2: $9,28 - 93 bb
      MP3: $5,53 - 55 bb
      CO: $11,75 - 118 bb
      BU: $17,23 - 172 bb
      SB: $2,53 - 25 bb
      BB: $3,55 - 36 bb

0,05/0,10 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:diamond: , J:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0,05), BB posts big blind ($0,10), MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero raises for $0,40, 3 folds, MP3 calls

Flop: ($0,95 - 9.50 bb) 6:spade: , 5:club: , 4:club: (2 Players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0,80, MP3 calls

Turn: ($2,55 - 25.50 bb) 9:club: (2 Players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1,80, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled back ($1,80)

Hello!

I cbet the flop close to pot. Turn could improve his flushdraws, but I think it's not that bad card because it's not that often in his range after calling the flop. I decided to bet/call shove with my overpair + flushdraw there, but he folded..

MP: 24/6/3,0/17 (VPIP/PFR/AF/H)
  • 5 replies
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Hi Alleen

Assuming MP3 is a fish (his stack size / stats) you could raise 5 BB, but if you isolate with a wider range raising 4 BB is fine (I do that). If you are a tight guy, raise more.

FLOP
      I like your flop bet. You didn't provide reasoning though :f_biggrin: My reasoning would be that #1 the board is very draw heavy and #2 he calls with FD/SD/weaker OPs/pairs+draws very often so we can get more value.

TURN
      I like your bet but my plan would be to bet/fold.
      Turn is an ugly card and I wouldn't expect to be ahead if he ships/raises on this turn. It is more often a made flush / weirdly slowplayed set / straight than a FD. Also, I don't see him check/raising 77/88/TT in this spot.

My 2 cents.
      Dawidas
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      @Dawidas888

The looser the player, the larger you should iso-raise with your stronger hands. No need for balance, if you are iso-raising with a weaker hand you can raise smaller.

If the table has more aggro 3betters then a 4bb iso-raise is better. If the table is looser then you should raise larger.

Here I think 5bb makes more sense since this is an NL10 game which is presumably loose and passive.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I would bet 80% on the Flop and 60% on the Turn. Your bet size should largely be based on your relative hand strength and I think your hand is not so strong now on the flush completing turn. Thus you should decrease your bet size so as to keep villain's calling range wider.
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Hi mbml

I agree with you, raising 5BB is probably the best as players don't adapt and are loose passive. I think about balancing in wrong spots :f_cool:

Thanks for the correction (I won't balance my preflop openings too much either).

Dawidas
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Silver
      Thank you both!

@Dawidas888
      My reasoning for betting the flop that large was the same as yours would be. :f_grin:

Looking now, I think that bet/folding the turn is better because as you said, he won't often check/raise the turn with worse..