[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH Speed 3 barrel bluff

• HardWorkPaysOff
      HardWorkPaysOff
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $28.38 (56.8 bb)
      UTG: $96.08 (192.2 bb)
      Hero (MP): $54.92 (109.8 bb)
      CO: $62.79 (125.6 bb)
      BTN: $84.44 (168.9 bb)
      SB: $51.55 (103.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q T
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO folds, BTN calls $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) J 9 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.40, BTN calls $3.40, BB calls $3.40

Turn: ($14.95) 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $8, BTN calls $8, BB folds

River: ($30.95) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $24

Hi guys. Mainly I want to know if you think my bluff on the river vs his perceived range is ok. I simply think he gets very few strong hands to the river without raising previously.
      BB is fish
      BTN is Reg - 25/18, 1 AF, 39 F2cB, 34 WTSD in 273h
      pre I open coz of fish BB

Flop: I cBet w/ my OESD, I don't like c/c and I think I can get BU off better hands.
      I get called in 2 spots. Fish can have any pair/draw. I am inclining reg towards medstrength hands, although he can slowplay to keep fish in.

Turn: again, if I check BU will be forced to defend his equity and I cannot c/c profitably. I still have many strong hands in my range since I opened MP. Maybe bigger sizing?
      If reg had a strong hand he would raise most of the time here. So i think he mostly has something like KJs, AJ, JTs, maybe QQ, Adxd, KdTd.

River: As I said, I think villain's range here is midstrength most of the time and he simply cannot call a strong bet. I rep JJ/99/55, AJ.

What do you think about my play? Can I profitably bluff here?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey H,

In a vacuum your play should be fine as a line but I dislike your sizing on the turn and river. If you do go for the bluff here, which I think is fine short term but shouldn't use this hand in your range all the time, I would go for 11 or so on the turn and river shove. You want to represent a strong hand and I assume that's how you would actually play a strong hand.

I agree with your assumptions that BU will raise quite often with the nuts (set or 2pair). Keep in mind though his high WTSD.. It's something that makes bluffing less appealing in general. This time it is still a solid spot imo.