This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Limpers

• Riverdiver
      Riverdiver
      Bronze
      How do you adjust to limpers in different positions in different stages of the tourny? It happens quite a lot that I have a hand that's ok to steal with but then I get one or two limpers in the pot and I just end up dumping it.
  • 1 reply
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      It depends on the limpers themselve, as well as different other circumstances.
      If I am quite deep (and they are deep as well) I tend to ignore their existence and open raise normally (with a small addition for each limper if there is more then one). If there is more then two of them I might reconsider some of my holdings and overlimp them instead, in hopes of a good payout if I hit a good flop.

If I am short, limpers add further dead money and therefore pushing your holding preflop (which you might have done anyways) gets more profitable. As a result, my pushing range widens a bit. If there are several limpers (and if these are frequent limpers) I might even push any two out of late position. Limp/call plays are extremely rare if you push a reasonable amount of chips.

Of course you always have to be aware of traps. If a player with 25/5 stats open limps you can savely assume that he is a fish and try to get most out of the situation. However, if a player with 25/23 suddenly starts open limping you should be very cautious. I really like limping behind in these situations since your opponent will very often hold a KK+ hand. If you hit two pair or better you will very often be able to stack him of.

I hope I was able to help a bit.
      If you have further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban