[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL20 AKo

• zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      CO: $22.16
      BTN: $19.19
      SB: $18.97
      Hero (BB): $20.64
      UTG: $23.49 - probably fishy player because he limped a few times. He was 35/15 over only 20 hands. I played one hand against him. He limped UTG. SB completed and I checked 32s on BB. On AsTs3 flop SB bet 1bb, I and villain called. Turn was 3. SB bet again 1bb, I raised pot. Villain called, SB called. River was Ks. SB checked, I bet ~1/2, villain minraised, SB and I folded (btw- folding is fine there, right?).
      MP: $27.68

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BB with K :club: A :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.30, Hero raises to $2.40, UTG calls $2, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.20) Q :diamond: T :diamond: K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.40, UTG raises to $8.80, Hero...

What's our best line?

Thanks!
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      this flop is very bad for our range and there isnt many hands that we can get 3 streets of value from, KJ? 2nd pair isnt calling 3 streets and there are many 2p and draws that can raise us off our hand so i prefer check/calling.

as played when raise we really cant call, hes probably raising a strong hand or strong draw and if we hit A and get 2p and he gives action its the straight, and theres a flush draw on board, and if we hit J for the straight we usually dont get action unless he also has an A which we get a split. so here its a obvious fold.

and for your question regarding your previous hand, when a fishy player suddenly raises on the river when flush completes 3way, they usually have it so we can fold trips.

cgf
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      and for your question regarding your previous hand, when a fishy player suddenly raises on the river when flush completes 3way, they usually have it so we can fold trips.
      Actually I had lowest possible flush on the river. But I guess that doesn't change things much.