This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL20 AKo

• zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      CO: $22.16
      BTN: $19.19
      SB: $18.97
      Hero (BB): $20.64
      UTG: $23.49 - probably fishy player because he limped a few times. He was 35/15 over only 20 hands. I played one hand against him. He limped UTG. SB completed and I checked 32s on BB. On AsTs3 flop SB bet 1bb, I and villain called. Turn was 3. SB bet again 1bb, I raised pot. Villain called, SB called. River was Ks. SB checked, I bet ~1/2, villain minraised, SB and I folded (btw- folding is fine there, right?).
      MP: $27.68

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BB with K :club: A :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.30, Hero raises to $2.40, UTG calls $2, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.20) Q :diamond: T :diamond: K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.40, UTG raises to $8.80, Hero...

What's our best line?

Thanks!
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      this flop is very bad for our range and there isnt many hands that we can get 3 streets of value from, KJ? 2nd pair isnt calling 3 streets and there are many 2p and draws that can raise us off our hand so i prefer check/calling.

as played when raise we really cant call, hes probably raising a strong hand or strong draw and if we hit A and get 2p and he gives action its the straight, and theres a flush draw on board, and if we hit J for the straight we usually dont get action unless he also has an A which we get a split. so here its a obvious fold.

and for your question regarding your previous hand, when a fishy player suddenly raises on the river when flush completes 3way, they usually have it so we can fold trips.

cgf
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      and for your question regarding your previous hand, when a fishy player suddenly raises on the river when flush completes 3way, they usually have it so we can fold trips.
      Actually I had lowest possible flush on the river. But I guess that doesn't change things much.