Videos - any where they don't get great hands and flops all the time?

• suckingriver
      suckingriver
      Bronze
      I've just seen a few videos so far in the mtt $1-12 range as I'm not very good at poker yet. However, what I'm looking for is more of the videos where they don't get good hands for ages or nothing great is happening flopwise for their good hands?
      The videos I've seen so far are ones that they're running good, even though I have learned a lot from them
      Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • BIRJAAN
      BIRJAAN
      Coach
      Coach
      nice thread man.. I always think the same.. there is a lot of videos where people get TP and midpairs, and.. its not hard to play those hands :D .. the problem is how to deal with card distribution at BB , or when u cant get nash hands at the endgame to push.. I would like to see a video like that...
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BIRJAAN
      nice thread man.. I always think the same.. there is a lot of videos where people get TP and midpairs, and.. its not hard to play those hands :D .. the problem is how to deal with card distribution at BB , or when u cant get nash hands at the endgame to push.. I would like to see a video like that...
      What would you learn from watching coach blind down to 7bb and push T5o bvb then bust or whatever? :f_biggrin:
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey suckingriver,

welcome to the tournament strategy forum =)

We always try to deliver videos that are most interesting for our community. Since we want to show all phases of a tournament a deeprun is most suitable for these purposes. As you might already know, you have to run kind of good in order to make it to a final table or even win a tournament. Therefore you will always encounter a few lucky hands when watching tournament videos.

However, most coaches will always try to review their hands critically and analyze these spots in depth. So, even if a coach is running good, you will always know if his play was good as well.

There is no point in delivering a tournament that shows me while blinding down, hitting no flops and busting with 80% Equity after 40 minutes of play. Noone wants to see this and noone will benefit from it.

In our videos you will always be told what the best line in the very spot would be and therefore you can learn alot about how to play poker. I am sure you will find videos where the coach is not lucky in every single hand. =)

I hope I was able to provide some answers.
      If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

I hope to see more postings from you in the future :)

Regards,
      Asaban
    • AceSteph
      AceSteph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Asaban
      There is no point in delivering a tournament that shows me while blinding down, hitting no flops and busting with 80% Equity after 40 minutes of play. Noone wants to see this and noone will benefit from it.
      +11111

It happens to everyone that we don't get any useful hands, or get coolered with a set over set, and after that we push our KQo into AA or something like that. No one is interested in that. Coaches also get a huge amount of bad beats trust me, but there would be no point in showing how to loose with 80% or 90%, because it's not really a part of the decision making process. It's variance, it happens.

The other thing might be that usually most coaches pick hands and spots that are easy to play. We usually avoid marginal situation so we have a pretty solid hand selection, and usually we don't have to make that many really hard decisions, or flopping nothing with AK threeway we can just check/fold or so. It wouldn't be a very interesting video, if we'd show hands where we always miss the flop and have to give up. There's no plus value in it. But what is extremely important, that if we have a good hand, we have to know how to get the max value from it. Not only what is +EV, but what has the highest EV let's say. Especially on micro and low stakes these are way more important thing to learn than how to bluff with A high in a multiway pot with fishes - just check/fold.

At least this is my opinion :) .
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      The points above are pretty valid and a video of someone slowly bleeding chips could be boring. However, if the OP is interested in seeing the spots, I do remember seeing a couple of videos a bit like that here on PS (ages ago, I haven't been following lately).

Just search the MTT section of videos and go for hand reviews of entire tournaments. Some tourneys are long and have like 3 or 4 videos to cover it whole, even if hand reviewing is much faster than watching live (because obv. the coach just keeps running fast through all the folds).

Granted, in some of those the reviewed player ran in godmode, with like AA four times in three orbits. But if you watch them, in some of them the guys ran pretty pretty cold for a long while, folding a lot and missing all kinds of flops. It's worth watching imo, just look for them because they do exist :)

Best of luck.

Edit: here is an example of such a series. I don't remember if the player ran good or bad there. It's a bit of a "slow format". I remember some using the universal replayer instead, and that usually goes much faster because one can skip quicker over all the folded hands. More like this one (for example). Sorry I can't really check inside the videos to help you more due to my current statute.