This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

okay guys, need advices here! please.

• Winitall
      Winitall
      Bronze
      hmmm, I have two concerns right now.

under these conditions:

i have won 300 dollars last night, then i spent 150$ on admission tickets,bus fares,and some food.

now,i have made a profit of 150$ in total. excluding all this and that.

I busted my 30 dollar bankroll on mansion poker, because I was so fed up with the site that has no FL players at all times.

and I have an real money account on pokerstars, at the same time I still have an account on fulltilt(which I have never deposited anything into it yet).

Questions raises now:

1.Is it possible to link my pokerstar account to this site? I heard some players just create an new account to register all over again.

2.How about full Tilt?

3.What limits should I play with? Seriously, I dont want to deposite 300 dollars to jump on $.50-$1 FL with 10 players. But is it wise to just put in $150 to grind my way up from $.25-$.50?

4.If I do play with $.25-$.50, assuming I am an avearge player, What woule be the estimated time to climb up one level? (I will be playing 10 hours a day,5 days a week.)

5.Regarding of the rake at fulltilt, is it wise to avoid it since i am playing with $.25-$.50 micro limits?

6.I have been playing limit poker for a very long time now, and I kinda want to be a professional player with this. which means I am dedicated to learn and test approve all the strategies. My goal is to work my way up to 5-10$ limit. and I know I can do it if i follow my own expirences and with the knowledge that has been taught on this site. I would like to hear about some advices on this plan. Because I am kinda running out of time here...... I would like to start up some profits in the near future. meaning a steady income of 4000$ USD a month. I know I could be dreaming. but in fact, i know i am not that far away from this.

thank you for reading the crap i gave out.... have a nice day...

oh hey, dont forget to drop some feed back.... even if you are thinking i am just day dreaming... thanks..
  • 5 replies
    • Winitall
      Winitall
      Bronze
      I have been playing 5-10$ limit, and 10-20$ limit, my whole life. which is about 3 years.

as somebody implied earlier, easy come easy go. In total, i am down about 5000$ over all.

Been through all the downswing(LOL, i dont know if i should even call it a downswing, because in the first year, i just played reallly really bad.)

at one time, i was down about 30k. then came all the way back again.

and u know what i did.... I was down to 2k over all, then I blew 3k on blackjack.

Then I went on tilt, and jumped on a 5-5 no limit game. lost another 3k.

therefore. i am down 5k in total. IF i calculated this correctly. I could be wrong.

so 5-10 and 10-20 is not new to me. however, I have never never trusted myself to be a skilled player on the top portion.

I know I have gotten very lucky to get my money back, thus i am not willing to risk it again.

this is why i am here to learn.

sigh...... i am so confused right now.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Hello Winital!

First of all, calm down :) If you blew 5000$ on poker, you should first ask your self the question, Am I addicted? If the answer is yes you should get some help or learn to play :) I personally thing I am addicted a bit, but it's ok, since I'm a good player and I make money :D

About your questions. On stars it is possible to get retracked if you registered before a certain date. Just use the search function on the forum and find the thread about it. I don't have a clue about FT :D

About going directly to 0.25/0.5, I don't really see a problem with it, I did it too. It's a really easy limit, but just remember, this micro limits are not for earning big cash quickly, they are for learning. If you wanna be a pro you have to learn. Keep posting hands, read literature, watch videos etc..

About moving up. I think 1 limit a month on average.

About 4000$/month. I'd say a year, if you really work hard and keep learning maybe sooner... But try to concentrate on learning, money will come by itself then :)

I hope I was of some help.

Best regards,
      Dippy19
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I'll just answer your questions.

1. Help linking account

2. Don't go to full tilt. Not a room for FL.

3. For you I think it's better, to start low, reading articles, becoming a better player and you will be soon at mid limits.

4. I don't think 10 hours a day is smart. But OK, if you can manage it. You can do really easy calculation.
      1BB/100 hands, 4 tables, 5 hours a day its 1400 hands per day and 7000 hands per week = 35$ per week. You would need 1 month to climb a level.

5. Avoid Full Tilt because there isn't enough FL tables. And I heard that rake is big too.

6. Read articles, post sample hands, learn. I think this is not a good start to dream about 4k$/month. Think step-by-step.

Don't become greedy... You won't make it far.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Okay here's my advice:

Firs thing you have to do is clear your head of that lost money,you don't have to get it back!
      Get your account tracked somewhere,deposit some.Start from micro limits!It's a lot cheaper to work on your game on micro limits,don't move up too fast!(BRM)
      Although you have played limit hold'em pretty long time, i think you haven't really focused on that learning part of poker.
      Post hands a lot!Everyone does that,it really helps you to find your leaks.
      If you learn to make right decisions all the time,then profit won't be far away.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel

4. I don't think 10 hours a day is smart.
      Agreed. When I was 6 tabling for ~10 hours a day I looked like crap. And it was only 2 days^^