Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has T:heart: A:heart:

fold, MP raises to $0.75, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25, 3 players) Q:diamond: Q:heart: 2:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.75, fold, Hero calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.75, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

River: ($7.25, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero checks, BB bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

BB shows 5:diamond: 3:diamond: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 38%, Flop 19%, Turn 9%)
      Hero shows T:heart: A:heart: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 62%, Flop 81%, Turn 91%)
      Hero wins $19.34

Guy is 80/5 after 20 hands and barrels literally every hand without fail. River is pretty uncomfortable but I think I'm definitely good >30% of the time.
  • 4 replies
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      I think the problem is in his sizing: small flop, medium turn, almost pot river. I don't think vs such riverbet our Ace-high is good enough. Also at the flop there is only possible flush draw, which we are blocking.
      And also with such line sometimes he will show AK and sick little pair. I don't like river call. Vs lesser bet I would always call, but here without read it is too marginal.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey M,

If the guy rarely raises preflop and has position, why do you call ATs? It seems like a 3bet or fold to me. If you 3bet you can make him fold postflop a lot more hands and basically control the action.

If you call preflop assuming you are ahead of his range, postflop is OK given your description. I think you are not ahead of his preflop range though when this is like his second preflop raise.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey M,

If the guy rarely raises preflop and has position, why do you call ATs? It seems like a 3bet or fold to me. If you 3bet you can make him fold postflop a lot more hands and basically control the action.

If you call preflop assuming you are ahead of his range, postflop is OK given your description. I think you are not ahead of his preflop range though when this is like his second preflop raise.
      It's not his second preflop raise. The guy who is 80/5 is the BB and the raiser is MP (reg).

I would usually not flat here with ATs vs MP's raise but I flat to keep the fish (BB) in the pot because 3bets are pretty much the only reason he's 80% and not 100% VPIP.

Originally posted by pokerferrer
      I think the problem is in his sizing: small flop, medium turn, almost pot river. I don't think vs such riverbet our Ace-high is good enough. Also at the flop there is only possible flush draw, which we are blocking.
      And also with such line sometimes he will show AK and sick little pair. I don't like river call. Vs lesser bet I would always call, but here without read it is too marginal.
      We do have a read, as I said before he barrels literally every time :f_biggrin: . He just calls every time and then donks and barrels every street in this exact same manner. Maybe sometimes he shows up with a 2 but given that we're getting better than 2:1 pot odds we only have to be good like 30% of the time here remember.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      What do you know about the reg?

Depending on that, this might still be a bad call preflop. You can't just call preflop because a worse player is left to act behind. You give up some equity vs reg to call which you MUST make up vs the worse player so there always has to be a positive sign for you when you make such a tradeoff.

Postflop is fine like I said, it's ofc a matter of pot odds though, you won't win extremely often here.