[NL2-NL10] nl5 AJ

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $0.74 (14.8 bb)
      UTG: $3.13 (62.6 bb)
      MP: $1.52 (30.4 bb)
      CO: $2.54 (50.8 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5.87 (117.4 bb)
      SB: $1.50 (30 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A J
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 4 2 6 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.87) 2 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.43, Hero calls $0.43

Wasn't to sure whether to shove here vs his half pot bet due to his stack size? As i thought he may be trying to price himself in for a weaker flush draw? but then if he was im still ahead of him with A high

River: ($1.73) K (2 players)

River was a pain as first instinct was to shove but i can't really represent AK here as a. i would have 3bet it pre and b. its unlikely for me to call two streets unless it was suited which is even less combos for me to have..

CO bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05
  • 5 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Do you have information on how he plays post flop? Is he aggressive and follow through with Alot if cb?

Flop - I don't mind calling or raising here. If he's playing aggressively and raising over cb I don't mind raising and getting it in here since he could get it in with worse over cards. But if he's passive and cally then I prefer calling since I don't have fold equit and possibly bet later streets to ttake the pot away or check back for sd.

Turn - he's not representing much here with a bet, I don't think he has 2x or full house or overpair that often and we are either ahead with a high or completely crushed so I like a call. I expect him to shut down on theriver

River - iI'm not raising here. I don't expect any pair to fold and if he has a draw we are ahead with A high. His min bet is as good as a check so I'll call here.
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      Sorry i forgot to put i don't have any stats as i've just switched to zoom/fastforward.

Is it close then between getting it in with his stack size or calling because you don't have any information on the flop?

I didn't think flop or turn hit his range at all nor did river really after betting two streets. What are your thoughts about raising/shoving turn?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Without information I think raising the flop is bbetter, we have a monster and he could get in much worse hands and he would usually shut down on the turn with worse hands that could possibly get in the flop like QJ QJ. And we are a favorite against pairs on the flop which may not fold on the river, but could get in while behind on the flop.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      is 3betting terrible against CO here, it would be a bluff ofcouse? (preflop)
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      It isn't terrible, it probably plays well against his calling range but calling might be a better option because we keep in his worse hands, play a pot in position. I would 3bet worse hands like Kxs Q9s Q8s etc