This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 - KK, overpair vs raise on the flop

• datalogg
      datalogg
      Bronze
      SB ($1.83)
      Hero ($4.93)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:club:

Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.18, fold

FLOP ($0.45) 2:spade: 8:club: 6:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB raises to $0.70, Hero ?

I have no stats for this villain, just had 10 hands and it was actually the first one he played.
      On a very similar situation I posted before, again with KK and facing a raise on the flop, but with a scary board of 789, I was told to fold because a lot of two-pair/set/straight were possible.
      Now, there are no made straights and two-pair are unlikely to have called preflop. So I think it is either a set or an overpair.
      There are more overpairs (99-QQ, 24 hands) than sets (9 hands) with this flop. But I don't know how often one could check-raise an overpair on the flop.
      So, raise again (actually put him all in on this occasion) or fold?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Datalogg,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: In this particular case i think that we can go broke with the hand. He is quite short, we have a backdoor flush (5% equity) and you are correct that he can have worse hands raising.