[NL2-NL10] 0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em QQ pre flop

• mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Hey, guys! Did I play it right?

Known players:
      keine.

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:club: , Q:diamond:
      UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.45, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00 (All-In), 2 folds, SB calls $1.95, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.90, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($5.55) K:heart: , Q:spade: , 9:club:
      Turn: ($5.55) K:diamond:
      River: ($5.55) 4:club:

Final Pot: $5.55

And one more:

Known players:
      keine.

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , Q:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.20) K:heart: , 3:club: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.10, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.40) T:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.45 (All-In), SB calls $1.45.

River: ($5.30) 8:diamond:

Final Pot: $5.30
  • 10 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1st: I wouldn't go all-in, just make a 3x MP1 bet so more people might join and after flop push.

2nd: According to the chart you should fold the hand preflop, but after you are already in and having high pair with not the best kicker I wouldn't raise after the flop, maybe just call (because of the low bet) and see the turn. And the all-in isn't that perfect move as well... but that's just my opinion.

Lets wait for other answers :P
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      My reasoning:
      For the first hand: There was a raise of $0,45. The SSS guide says I should reraise 4 times the raise plus one more time per caller with QQ preflop. There were no callers. So 4 times raise is $1,80 which is much morea than 1/2 my stack. So I go all in.

Second hand: Oh well, it says I am middle position 3. But on 9 player tables there are only 2 early positions or I am totally wrong about this. As far as I understood the positioning, in 10 player table if a player leaves he clears an early position. So IMO 9 player tables are like 10 player with 1 less early position. And thus I think I am not mp3 but I am in the first late position (the one before the dealer). And there are no raises before me. According to the starting hand chart I should raise 4 bbs right here.

As for the post flop play, I really do need advice. And if someone can clarify if my logic for the positions is right it would be great!
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Hand 1: nh! Easy push preflop.

Hand 2: KQ shouldn't be played from MP3. As played I'd bet a little more on the flop, around $0.80 . After that you push the turn unless an Ace shows up. Because if an Ace does show up and Villain bets (more than his silly minbet), he's probably holding the Ace. But that's just hypothetically speaking :)

It's also a good idea to make a note of Villain minbetting the flop here, but more important, with what hand he minbets. Might be useful for later use, because his line is very strange.

Edit: About your position in your second hand. You count backwards from BB --> SB (Blinds) --> Dealer --> Button (Late Position) --> MP3 (YOU!)

And since 2 people fold behind you, and then it's the SB's turn, you must be MP3.

You should (re-)read this article!!
      Bronze
      1: yes, leaving yourself like $0.1 is NOT good, because it makes NOTHING ;) . Push is the only move.

2: i'd like to see the push on the flop here. You hit your pair, got two callers preflop - it's fine.

edit: the whole MP3part - well, yes, it's not what basic strategy tells us to do. Who cares? ;) I mean, later when on you'll be implementing steals into your play you will make such moves and will be able to prove their +EVness. I just can't tell you not to play +EV just because it's not in shc ;) .

(SHC's not stupid. It's just not perfect.)
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799

2: i'd like to see the push on the flop here.

You mean I should've bet more than $0,6? I think the whole pot then was around a dollar or so...

edit: the pot was $1,2. I see I should've bet $0,8, shouldn't I?
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799
      2: i'd like to see the push on the flop here. You hit your pair, got two callers preflop - it's fine.
      Wanna bet $2.05 in a $1.30 pot here?
      The board is extremely dry, so why not bet normal and push the turn. You only have to be afraid of an Ace here, but chance of that one showing up is rather small.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Oops, forgot to select the "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread". So I'll make this extra spam post, sorry :)
    • Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeKuip
      Oops, forgot to select the "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread". So I'll make this extra spam post, sorry :)
      You dont have to make another post to "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread" ... just scroll all the way down and press the button that is above "New Thread | Reply Post", did it today ;)
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Werkon
      Originally posted by DeKuip
      You dont have to make another post to "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread" ... just scroll all the way down and press the button that is above "New Thread | Reply Post", did it today ;)
      Oh... pressed that one several times, but it didn't really feel like something happened, haha. Thanks for the info :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      2) Fold pf with 25BB stacks
      otherwise, ~ 0.8$ bet/shove

shoving flop is indeed a bit too much)