BTN: 111.4 BB
      SB: 236.08 BB
      BB: 157.92 BB
      Hero (UTG): 129.56 BB
      MP: 123.16 BB
      CO: 60 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 7:diamond: 7:club:

Hero raises to 3.4 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 10.6 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 7.2 BB

Flop: (22.6 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond: 9:club: 6:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 12 BB, Hero calls 12 BB

Turn: (46.6 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (46.6 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 23 BB, Hero raises to 106.96 BB and is all-in, BTN requests TIME...

timebank runs out, fold

Hero wins 88.44 BB

villain unknown playing 4 tables.

not much to comment other than spew :f_biggrin:

- fold pre? by default i expect reg ranges vs utg to be super nutted, he's on btn though which is bad
      - flop i think we can pay one street (mostly hoping for AK), also we have some random "bd potential"
      - turn is pretty good for our eq, thought about c/shoving it, although he might pay with overpairs we aren't doing that badly anyway (unless he has A A and the likes, would be cool if he had A K :P )
      - river it's quite obvious he took a pot control line so i just bring it on, it's good that the pairing river is runner runner so my perceived range can still have all sets+some flushes

not sure i like it on nl25 though :P
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Tomaloc,

If villain can hand-read then I guess c/s river is ok + his range looks a lot like an overpair.

However I'm not convinced you should get to the river in the first place.

If you expect villains preflop range to be nutted it can be ok to set-mine preflop even just over 100bb deep. (Although you'd never do this vs a wide range, if villain has KK+ with a very high frequency and doesn't fold postflop the call20-rule doesn't quite apply.)

Your strategy in this instance should be to give up without a set on the flop. This includes overpair hands like TT on this flop. Floating vs a tight range doesn't make sense.

If you were instead calling preflop because you felt villains 3betting range was light, you would float more flops, but there are better hands than 77 to call with.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey Tomaloc,

If villain can hand-read then I guess c/s river is ok + his range looks a lot like an overpair.

However I'm not convinced you should get to the river in the first place.

If you expect villains preflop range to be nutted it can be ok to set-mine preflop even just over 100bb deep. (Although you'd never do this vs a wide range, if villain has KK+ with a very high frequency and doesn't fold postflop the call20-rule doesn't quite apply.)

Your strategy in this instance should be to give up without a set on the flop. This includes overpair hands like TT on this flop. Floating vs a tight range doesn't make sense.

If you were instead calling preflop because you felt villains 3betting range was light, you would float more flops, but there are better hands than 77 to call with.
      yeah, i fully agree, putting in more money when we don't flop a set sounds best.

from my experience villains tend to cbet and give up often with AK but that definitely works better when ip (like blinds vs utg)
      and even with that said, AK still has fair equity and ranges either look mostly like QQ+ AK or KK+ which means they don't even have AK all the time.

this is my own (re)view on it :P

in this hand - what about turn play if he bets? i guess the conclusion is that calling flop just kinda commits me to spewing on "good cards" which is super bad obv. :f_biggrin:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Even vs QQ+ and all combos of AK, that's 43% equity.

That might suggest a pot call due to pot odds - but in practice since we are not closing the action we rarely only need to invest the flop amount before we can see a showdown. It will typically cost more.

As for turn play - we can't check/call. Our implieds are bad in this spot with a possible flush-draw already out there and we don't get the direct odds we need. C/s turn is a slightly better option, but in practice I don't like to bluff vs villain's stronger 3bet-vs-UTG . Really no guarantee he folds an overpair, especially with a high diamond so I'd probably still just c/f.