[NL2-NL10] NL10 JJ x/f FTR?

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain was an unknown at the time of the hand

Flop: Pretty ugly flop, hits villains range hard IMO and I'm not sure he folds much better on this flop but at the same time I could still have the best hand. I think that if I do bet here it would be as a bluff since I can't see much worse calling me OTF because I block most draws.

Opted to check back to avoid turning my hand into a bluff and I think that I can have the best hand here as well.

Turn: When villain donks the T I think he can be stabbing with some air and draws as well as hands that beat me like 2nd pr+. I can just fold now or call and re-evaluate R and try to take a cheap showdown if I think that I'm still ahead. I didn't see any merit in raising the T because I still think that I have showdown value.

River: When villain fires the river again I think it is safer to assume that I am beat here. Without further reads I didn't think it would be wise to assume that he bluffs missed draws or air here.

Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 99.4 BB
      Hero (UTG): 217.4 BB
      MP: 96.1 BB
      CO: 92 BB
      BTN: 114.1 BB
      SB: 69.3 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: J:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) Q:heart: 2:spade: K:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 7:heart:
      BB bets 6.5 BB, Hero calls 6.5 BB

River: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      BB bets 9.7 BB, fold

BB wins 18.5 BB
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      flop - agree with your line here.

turn and river - actually i would just still check/fold. i expect them to be passive and not start bluffing even if we check twice to them unless they are regs. and if they are unknown i assume they are fishes.

cgf
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Why do you think it hits villain's range so hard? I mean... he is on BB calling a raise from UTG. While many people call with something like AT+, KJ or KQ+ type of hands they will also call with all pockets to set mine etc.

I don't think I'd check back flop if not to call turn and river against most opponents. If he has a K or Q nice hand, I'll just make a note of his range and exploit it.

This hand is a good example of why one should avoid one-street-only type of bluffs.