This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 JJ x/f FTR?

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain was an unknown at the time of the hand

Flop: Pretty ugly flop, hits villains range hard IMO and I'm not sure he folds much better on this flop but at the same time I could still have the best hand. I think that if I do bet here it would be as a bluff since I can't see much worse calling me OTF because I block most draws.

Opted to check back to avoid turning my hand into a bluff and I think that I can have the best hand here as well.

Turn: When villain donks the T I think he can be stabbing with some air and draws as well as hands that beat me like 2nd pr+. I can just fold now or call and re-evaluate R and try to take a cheap showdown if I think that I'm still ahead. I didn't see any merit in raising the T because I still think that I have showdown value.

River: When villain fires the river again I think it is safer to assume that I am beat here. Without further reads I didn't think it would be wise to assume that he bluffs missed draws or air here.

Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 99.4 BB
      Hero (UTG): 217.4 BB
      MP: 96.1 BB
      CO: 92 BB
      BTN: 114.1 BB
      SB: 69.3 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: J:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) Q:heart: 2:spade: K:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 7:heart:
      BB bets 6.5 BB, Hero calls 6.5 BB

River: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      BB bets 9.7 BB, fold

BB wins 18.5 BB
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      flop - agree with your line here.

turn and river - actually i would just still check/fold. i expect them to be passive and not start bluffing even if we check twice to them unless they are regs. and if they are unknown i assume they are fishes.

cgf
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Why do you think it hits villain's range so hard? I mean... he is on BB calling a raise from UTG. While many people call with something like AT+, KJ or KQ+ type of hands they will also call with all pockets to set mine etc.

I don't think I'd check back flop if not to call turn and river against most opponents. If he has a K or Q nice hand, I'll just make a note of his range and exploit it.

This hand is a good example of why one should avoid one-street-only type of bluffs.