CO ($12.58)
      BTN ($20.78)

CO posts $0.20

Dealt to Hero 2:diamond: 2:spade:

Hero raises to $0.80, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.70, BB calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.60) 6:heart: J:club: 7:club:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($2.60) 6:heart: J:club: 7:club: 6:diamond:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, SB folds, BB raises to $3, Hero raises to $8, BB folds

Hero shows 2:diamond: 2:spade:

Hero wins $8.17

SB fish

BB reg: notes
      f3bet 2/4
      4bet 2
      autoreaload
      cbet 2/3 Axxfd, c/f A turn

played after this, same reg:
      NL20 SH A3s

they both show weakness, so I want take down turn.

His raise on turn really looks bluffy, check 2 time and raise - not rep anything. But by betting I also dont rep much. So by raising. But if I call, river can be ttough - he can his his overcards or he can have weak pair that beats me like 33, 44, 55.

Not sure what is better to fight against this bluff.
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey SF,

Fold preflop. 22 UTG is way too weak, especially when your preflop sizing is 4bb, you just put in dead money.. Afterwards just check/fold all the way.. you don't get pairs to fold ever, you just get owned by your opponent's calling range. This is just fancy play syndrome.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Fold preflop. 22 UTG is way too weak, especially when your preflop sizing is 4bb,

I did open because CO posted a blidn, so take extra dead money. Did you pay attentio to that? or still it is bad to open?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      The money is not that dead. The idea is that you play on a table when you are likely to get calls and passive players, that's just how the average NL20 reg is. Now, when he also posts the blind it means he gets even better odds/alraedy has money invested so your folding equity decreases, meaning you are even less likely to win the blinds, even though there's a bit more money into the pot.

Now you need 3 players to fold, before you only needed 2. Makes sense? :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      But usually I hear that we should attactk those posted blinds. Of course now 3 playes have to fold, but those who posed blinds has any 2 cards. So there should be fold equity.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If they were playing what is perceived as correct poker, they would not post the dead blinds at all. It's a mental aspect, already money in, just call, just like loose fish don't fold their blinds almost ever. For example, a nice range for opening here would be:

66+,A2s+,K8s+,Q8s+,J8s+,T8s+,98s,87s,76s,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo

This means, you open hands that do well against ATC... 22 does worst because it always flips in equity OOP with 2 outs or less. I'm not saying don't expand your range quite a bit but I don't agree with what hand you chose to expand it with.

LE: You should not forget you are UTG and people behind are more likely to have a hand than when you open CO for example.