This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 K8o 12-05-13 (zoom)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $7.86 (157.2 bb)
      SB: $6.95 (139 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $4.57 (91.4 bb)
      MP: $3.62 (72.4 bb)
      CO: $2.67 (53.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K 8
      UTG raises to $0.10, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.22) K 8 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.42) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.98, UTG raises to $4.37 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.39

River: ($9.16) 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Hi,
      Really played horrible today, well not in the end of my session, but in all spots where there where only a few hands that beats me, I messed it up.
      I was experimenting to much and it cost me a lot today... Well moving on, here is one hand that really was stupid played by me, also shows how much of a fish I am heh.

Preflop:
      Not sure how to justify my call here, I saw villain as aggressive, and thought he would cbet way to many hands.
      However even thou his small open raise indicated weirdness :P
      he prolly opens ranges towards this UTG:

66+,AJs+,A5s-A2s,KJs+,K5s-K2s,QTs+,J9s+,T8s+,97s+,87s,AQo+

So really I'm crushed, even if I hit, fold this even tho we get good odds, but not that good :P

Flop:
      The flop hits his range quite well and I do think he will continue with most of this UTG range, maybe giving up few PP's etc...

range is prolly like this:

QQ+,88,AJs+,KJs+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,AQo+

Which I do quite well against.
      It might be to dumb to call here, as alot can make his range strong again, but I did to keep him in.

Turn:
      I think I need to take action now, but when he shoves here I think it was a mistake to call.

Shove range could look like this:

QQ+,88,AKs,KQs,AKo

Not sure if this is tight enough as this actually makes my call less worse than I thought.

I need 37% equity to call, and I suppose he could even do this with FDs?

Board: K:club: 8:diamond: Q:diamond:  4:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    40.80%  40.80%   0.00% { QQ+, 88, AKs, KQs, AKo }
      MP3    59.20%  59.20%   0.00% { Kh8s }

Did I fail my equity training?
      edited* ofcouse very unlikely he has 88

Villain:
  • 2 replies
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Just bumping this not sure what is wrong, I think maybe if you edit the post before ppl write in it, it doesn't get flagged for judges?
      Now I adviced the judge of taking another look at this thread :P
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I would just check/raise the Flop. There is so much value to be had from draws, and worse made hands since you do rep a ton of straight and flush draws.

As played I'm not loving the Turn jam from villain but it's really draw heavy and I think it's hard to lay this hand down.