[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 K8o 12-05-13 (zoom)

• Resilence
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $7.86 (157.2 bb)
      SB: $6.95 (139 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $4.57 (91.4 bb)
      MP: $3.62 (72.4 bb)
      CO: $2.67 (53.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K 8
      UTG raises to $0.10, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.22) K 8 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.42) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.98, UTG raises to $4.37 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.39

River: ($9.16) 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Really played horrible today, well not in the end of my session, but in all spots where there where only a few hands that beats me, I messed it up.
      I was experimenting to much and it cost me a lot today... Well moving on, here is one hand that really was stupid played by me, also shows how much of a fish I am heh.

Not sure how to justify my call here, I saw villain as aggressive, and thought he would cbet way to many hands.
      However even thou his small open raise indicated weirdness :P
      he prolly opens ranges towards this UTG:

So really I'm crushed, even if I hit, fold this even tho we get good odds, but not that good :P

The flop hits his range quite well and I do think he will continue with most of this UTG range, maybe giving up few PP's etc...

range is prolly like this:

Which I do quite well against.
      It might be to dumb to call here, as alot can make his range strong again, but I did to keep him in.

I think I need to take action now, but when he shoves here I think it was a mistake to call.

Shove range could look like this:

Not sure if this is tight enough as this actually makes my call less worse than I thought.

I need 37% equity to call, and I suppose he could even do this with FDs?

Board: K:club: 8:diamond: Q:diamond:  4:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    40.80%  40.80%   0.00% { QQ+, 88, AKs, KQs, AKo }
      MP3    59.20%  59.20%   0.00% { Kh8s }

Did I fail my equity training?
      edited* ofcouse very unlikely he has 88

• 2 replies
    • Resilence
      Just bumping this not sure what is wrong, I think maybe if you edit the post before ppl write in it, it doesn't get flagged for judges?
      Now I adviced the judge of taking another look at this thread :P
    • mbml

I would just check/raise the Flop. There is so much value to be had from draws, and worse made hands since you do rep a ton of straight and flush draws.

As played I'm not loving the Turn jam from villain but it's really draw heavy and I think it's hard to lay this hand down.