NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($24.91)
      Hero ($27.84)
      UTG ($12.74)
      UTG+1 ($12.11)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($6.20)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.40, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.60, CO calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.30) 9:diamond: T:club: 5:club:

Hero bets $1.70, CO raises to $4, Hero calls $2.30

TURN ($11.30) 9:diamond: T:club: 5:club: K:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $5, Hero raises to $22.24 (AI), CO calls $9.40 (AI)

RIVER ($40.10) 9:diamond: T:club: 5:club: K:diamond: 2:diamond:

CO shows K:spade: T:heart:
      (Pre 35%, Flop 45.7%, Turn 75.0%)

Hero shows A:club: J:club:
      (Pre 65%, Flop 54.3%, Turn 25.0%)

CO wins $38.10

notes:
      call flop in 3way drawy w set, c/raise small turn after taking time vs big bet
      call 3bet IP w KQo

His raise cbet did not look huge and it was 3bet pot so it migh be even tighter, so I did not want to get in vs some sets like TT, 99, 55, and T9 2 pair. So called flop.

On turn I did not know what to do, but I improved to GS + FD. Assumeiung he has very tight range on flop which is sets and 2 pair, then I cannot raise here. But I was in doubt - is he really always having moster. Maybe he has hand like JJ , which is very unlikely.

The problem is if I call, I might not be getting implied odds. Once draw hits on river if I donk, then he can easily fold because it will be too obvious. If I chekc, he might check behind.

So other option is to fold turn, but that looks on weak side.

If I could know that he raises with top pair on flop, then I guess its easy shove on flop.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: looks fine

Poostflop: I think that we can just 3-bet the flop given the amount of draws villain could be raising (or semibluffs/bluffs).

It doesn't really make sense to put him only on the nuts on the flop and not raise and then shove the turn. You are contradicting yourself.

If you played it like this I'd just call turn and fold river UI.