This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 QJ Slowplayed?

• FlowingThoughts
      FlowingThoughts
      Bronze
      Ok so this guy always comes in when i called or had BB
      So i made him a pay abit and after it stopped.

But he didnt raise preflop so i figured he had nothing

Stupid move or not?

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      8 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG JOPY1 ($6.50)
      UTG+1 Raveheart ($1.85)
      MP1 Crikrock ($4.00)
      MP2 MadeInGyoma ($7.35)
      CO OQ1 ($2.10)
      BTN Ikarus1973 ($11.20)
      SB benladal ($1.75)
      BB Hero ($4.55)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is BB Q:heart: J:club:
      2 folds, Crikrock calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero checks

Flop: J:heart: 4:spade: Q:club: ($0.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Crikrock bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, Crikrock calls $0.20

Turn: 5:diamond: ($0.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.85, Crikrock calls $0.85

River: 9:heart: ($2.55, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, Crikrock calls $1.80

Final Pot: $6.15
      Hero shows: Q:heart: J:club:
      Crikrock shows: Q:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero wins $5.55 ( won +$2.50 )
      Crikrock lost -$3.05
  • 8 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Post edited, so is this one :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Wrong section :P
      Bronze
      Not so wrong the section is (look at final pot), because it's just converter's fault - he treats your nl hand as it was fl.

I can't see the the sizes of bets, but I think I like it. Wondering, how big was your stack? The check/raise and firering both turn and river seems to indicate way bigger than sss would appreciate.
    • FlowingThoughts
      FlowingThoughts
      Bronze
      Updated post.

And yes its NL.
      Could´nt get Texas Grab´em to show amount betted
    • Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Well, looking at your updated post - you shouldn't even get dealt this hand. SSS articles says that you sit-down with amount of 20xBB (which is $2 in case of 0.05/0.10 NL) and leave with >25xBB. Because with proper stack (smaller), I would just push on flop instead of calling because villain minbet and you have 2 pair which is considered a monster. SSS articles says that you should go directly all-in when you are holding a monster and someone bets before you. With such big stack you have, I'm not sure what is profitable or not - I'm just a noob sticking to SSS for now, please anybody correct me if I'm wrong :)

EDIT : ah, sorry, I just noticed that you slowplayed this hand intentionally :) Never mind then, stupid me :)
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Werkon is right about your stacksize. I personally think you just doubled up the hand before and were too late and accidently paid the blind. So next time leave the table when having >25BB, but I guess you already knew that :)

About the hand. Freeplay situations are always hard to play. But since it's an unraised pot, you must bet to make the pot bigger if you have a made hand. Besides that you might protect your hand a little bit against straight draws (unlikely here, since only T9 and 98 give him a straight draw, but still..)

You just want to make the pot bigger because you should try to be all-in on the river.

So flopbet I would say $0.15-$0.20 . Problem with checking the flop is that he might check-behind. Then you have to bet some small amount (because the pot is still small!!) on the turn and you'll never get a big pot.

As played your turnbet is a bit high, but not bad.
      And I think you should push the river. Your stack is $3.40 and you bet $1.80, more than half of your stack so just push. Pushing isn't such an overbet here and Villain probably can't fold his hand anyway.
    • FlowingThoughts
      FlowingThoughts
      Bronze
      Yes in most cases checking the flop would have been a bad play, but since i knew he would bet me i did.

And as you said i should pushed on the river.. dunno why i didnt.
      I think its because im a bad reader so IF he had something lets say trips i didnt want to loose as much :)

I just dont know what to put him on here
      My guess would be Q with a low kicker when i analyse this afterwards
      But for all i know he might aswell have 1010

Thanks for the advices :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      bet pot
      bet pot
      bet pot/shove

but that has nothing to do with SSS, since SSS is played with a stack not bigger then 25BB.

What you play is called MSS and its the most losing strategy)
      So please, revisit our strategy section.