[NL2-NL10] NL10 QJ Slowplayed?

• FlowingThoughts
      Ok so this guy always comes in when i called or had BB
      So i made him a pay abit and after it stopped.

But he didnt raise preflop so i figured he had nothing

Stupid move or not?

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      8 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

UTG JOPY1 ($6.50)
      UTG+1 Raveheart ($1.85)
      MP1 Crikrock ($4.00)
      MP2 MadeInGyoma ($7.35)
      CO OQ1 ($2.10)
      BTN Ikarus1973 ($11.20)
      SB benladal ($1.75)
      BB Hero ($4.55)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is BB Q:heart: J:club:
      2 folds, Crikrock calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero checks

Flop: J:heart: 4:spade: Q:club: ($0.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Crikrock bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, Crikrock calls $0.20

Turn: 5:diamond: ($0.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.85, Crikrock calls $0.85

River: 9:heart: ($2.55, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, Crikrock calls $1.80

Final Pot: $6.15
      Hero shows: Q:heart: J:club:
      Crikrock shows: Q:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero wins $5.55 ( won +$2.50 )
      Crikrock lost -$3.05
  • 8 replies
    • DeKuip
      Post edited, so is this one :)
    • veriz
      Wrong section :P
      Not so wrong the section is (look at final pot), because it's just converter's fault - he treats your nl hand as it was fl.

I can't see the the sizes of bets, but I think I like it. Wondering, how big was your stack? The check/raise and firering both turn and river seems to indicate way bigger than sss would appreciate.
    • FlowingThoughts
      Updated post.

And yes its NL.
      Could´nt get Texas Grab´em to show amount betted
    • Werkon
      Well, looking at your updated post - you shouldn't even get dealt this hand. SSS articles says that you sit-down with amount of 20xBB (which is $2 in case of 0.05/0.10 NL) and leave with >25xBB. Because with proper stack (smaller), I would just push on flop instead of calling because villain minbet and you have 2 pair which is considered a monster. SSS articles says that you should go directly all-in when you are holding a monster and someone bets before you. With such big stack you have, I'm not sure what is profitable or not - I'm just a noob sticking to SSS for now, please anybody correct me if I'm wrong :)

EDIT : ah, sorry, I just noticed that you slowplayed this hand intentionally :) Never mind then, stupid me :)
    • DeKuip
      Werkon is right about your stacksize. I personally think you just doubled up the hand before and were too late and accidently paid the blind. So next time leave the table when having >25BB, but I guess you already knew that :)

About the hand. Freeplay situations are always hard to play. But since it's an unraised pot, you must bet to make the pot bigger if you have a made hand. Besides that you might protect your hand a little bit against straight draws (unlikely here, since only T9 and 98 give him a straight draw, but still..)

You just want to make the pot bigger because you should try to be all-in on the river.

So flopbet I would say $0.15-$0.20 . Problem with checking the flop is that he might check-behind. Then you have to bet some small amount (because the pot is still small!!) on the turn and you'll never get a big pot.

As played your turnbet is a bit high, but not bad.
      And I think you should push the river. Your stack is $3.40 and you bet $1.80, more than half of your stack so just push. Pushing isn't such an overbet here and Villain probably can't fold his hand anyway.
    • FlowingThoughts
      Yes in most cases checking the flop would have been a bad play, but since i knew he would bet me i did.

And as you said i should pushed on the river.. dunno why i didnt.
      I think its because im a bad reader so IF he had something lets say trips i didnt want to loose as much :)

I just dont know what to put him on here
      My guess would be Q with a low kicker when i analyse this afterwards
      But for all i know he might aswell have 1010

Thanks for the advices :)
    • xylere
      bet pot
      bet pot
      bet pot/shove

but that has nothing to do with SSS, since SSS is played with a stack not bigger then 25BB.

What you play is called MSS and its the most losing strategy)
      So please, revisit our strategy section.