This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] K4o vs raise

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      BB: 119.68 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
      UTG: 177.08 BB (VPIP: 22.28, PFR: 11.88, 3Bet Preflop: 2.10, Hands: 413)
      MP: 99.5 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 13)
      CO: 30.34 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      Hero (BTN): 100.5 BB
      SB: 116.88 BB (VPIP: 21.91, PFR: 18.33, 3Bet Preflop: 11.00, Hands: 519)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 4:spade: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, SB calls 1.5 BB, fold

Flop: (5 BB, 2 players) 7:heart: 5:diamond: 5:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 3.5 BB, SB raises to 8 BB, Hero calls 4.5 BB

Turn: (21 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
      SB bets 14.7 BB, Hero raises to 90.5 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero shows 4:spade: K:heart: (One Pair, Fives)
      Hero wins 47.88 BB

3bet 19% vs bu, calls from blinds vs bu QT+, A9.

I noticed I make mistakes when somebody raises me and to me looks as obvious bluff. Then I try to win the pot, but I think I do it in a wrong way. If I play honestly and fold each time they min raise me from bu, then it would be bad I guess.
      Is it ok to shove turn with fd and oesd? I do it primarly because I think that he raises me since I dont represent much, and he should have a lot of overcards in his range which have to fold on turn. I dont expect fd or 5x to fold too often.

So wanted to aks what is the better way to win the pot and not risk too much? I didnt 3bet, because he can shove with any too cards since my 3bet looks also as pure bluff (maybe sometimes with fd).
      When I hit nuts (or see myself ahead of opponents range) I mostly shove overbet if needed, and this way I somehow balance this line, to show that I can bluff (spew) and they really call often overbets. I overbet with e.g sets when the fd misses, and then people often call light (even A high). When I bluff, I try to bluff in spots where it is tough for opponent to call, or I expect him to bluff in the spot as here.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I do agree that he reps really little here. AS the BU raiser you should have way more trip combos in your range and I doubt he even has 88+ as he should be 3b/5betting it. So he is mostly repping air.

I think you can 3bet the Flop and you could do that with your over-pairs as well for balance with JJ/QQ/TT. As played it does seem a little spewy -> he could definitely have a flush after taking such a line.

Alternatively, you could flat the Turn and bluff the River if it's checked to you.

Thanks.