This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQs NL5 6max

• Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      So This hand gave me a bit of trouble, how is Preflop?
      Flop felt standard, this guy was passive, but pretty nitty, so when the flush draw completed I felt pretty unsafe, but I made a bet out to get value from other Aces.

I checked the river, which may have been a mistake..I am not sure of I should have went for the full 3 streets against this guy.

When faced with a small bet I was unsure. I think he was bluffing this zero percent of the time given he was so passive, just that the bet is so small I am not sure if he was doing this with Ax.

Let me know what you think.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1.29 (25.8 bb)
      CO: $4.11 (82.2 bb)
      BTN: $5.37 (107.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, CO calls $0.15, BTN calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.65) A 5 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, CO folds, BTN calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.55) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, BTN calls $0.75

River: ($3.05) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.55, Hero ??
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Chow,

Preflop: I would make it at least 30c OOP to two limpers.

Postflop: As played I'd bet the flop larger for value/protection and bet turn/river as well for value versus Ax and other pairs. Villain limped BTN which means he is most likely fishy.

As played the question is: do we beat any hands that he can valuebet this way? And i think the answer is probably so we can't really fold.

As a side note, when you leave a reply, don't forget to hit the advise judge to take another look button.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Would you advise, in general, adding another bb when you're oop raising. I normally would have bet 25c in that spot, I must have miss-clicked or something. Then would you recommend a potsized bet on the flop?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Chowchow12
      Would you advise, in general, adding another bb when you're oop raising. I normally would have bet 25c in that spot, I must have miss-clicked or something. Then would you recommend a potsized bet on the flop?
      I'd normally recommend 4x+1 BB per limper. And you had two limpers.

And on the flop we can definitely bet close to pot versus two fish on such a board.