[NL2-NL10] AQs NL5 6max

• Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      So This hand gave me a bit of trouble, how is Preflop?
      Flop felt standard, this guy was passive, but pretty nitty, so when the flush draw completed I felt pretty unsafe, but I made a bet out to get value from other Aces.

I checked the river, which may have been a mistake..I am not sure of I should have went for the full 3 streets against this guy.

When faced with a small bet I was unsure. I think he was bluffing this zero percent of the time given he was so passive, just that the bet is so small I am not sure if he was doing this with Ax.

Let me know what you think.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1.29 (25.8 bb)
      CO: $4.11 (82.2 bb)
      BTN: $5.37 (107.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, CO calls $0.15, BTN calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.65) A 5 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, CO folds, BTN calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.55) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, BTN calls $0.75

River: ($3.05) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.55, Hero ??
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Chow,

Preflop: I would make it at least 30c OOP to two limpers.

Postflop: As played I'd bet the flop larger for value/protection and bet turn/river as well for value versus Ax and other pairs. Villain limped BTN which means he is most likely fishy.

As played the question is: do we beat any hands that he can valuebet this way? And i think the answer is probably so we can't really fold.

As a side note, when you leave a reply, don't forget to hit the advise judge to take another look button.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Would you advise, in general, adding another bb when you're oop raising. I normally would have bet 25c in that spot, I must have miss-clicked or something. Then would you recommend a potsized bet on the flop?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Chowchow12
      Would you advise, in general, adding another bb when you're oop raising. I normally would have bet 25c in that spot, I must have miss-clicked or something. Then would you recommend a potsized bet on the flop?
      I'd normally recommend 4x+1 BB per limper. And you had two limpers.

And on the flop we can definitely bet close to pot versus two fish on such a board.