[NL2-NL10] Cant really put villian on a hand range here

• Rello
      Rello
      Bronze
      Was playing this guy, and this line he took here was really out of the ordinary. Plan going in was to go for a float play if the board doesn't hit most of his range since he cbet the flop with a wide range.

After the flop and i got a check and at that point im thinking villian might not be interested in this pot, so i proceed to take the pot right there on the flop.

On the turn, when i saw he call, i started thinking maybe he have gutshots here or some weak pocket pair. Then when he raise the turn i wasn't sure how to think about his range especially how i dont know if he is raising those draws or get there with 33. Either way i end up folding because i cant call that Turn and call a river bet. This hand is kind of troubling me trying to understand what to put the villian on here. Maybe get some tips how to play these spots, what i did wrong or if i made a bad fold.

OnGame - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $6.26 (VPIP: 25.81, PFR: 24.54, 3Bet Preflop: 6.85, Hands: 219)
      CO: $2.57 (VPIP: 43.75, PFR: 1.59, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 65)
      Hero (BTN): $4.12
      SB: $4.09 (VPIP: 29.55, PFR: 21.59, 3Bet Preflop: 10.71, Hands: 89)
      BB: $4.16 (VPIP: 19.27, PFR: 16.97, 3Bet Preflop: 4.00, Hands: 390)

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has 9:diamond: K:spade:

UTG raises to $0.12, fold, Hero calls $0.12, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.30, 2 players) 9:heart: A:diamond: T:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.16, UTG calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.62, 2 players) 3:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.32, UTG raises to $1.10, fold

UTG wins $1.18
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Rello,

Welcome to the evaluation forums.

Preflop: I think that calling this hand against a UTG raiser is definitely a mistake even if he is a bit wider. Our hand has poor playability overall. A 3-bet or fold are much better.

Postflop: As played I would bet the flop larger and bet the turn larger. Your bets are really small and may not achieve what they are setting out to do + they may be inducing villain to raise. Ask yourself this, does your bet look like a strong hand, at all?

I would bet 20c+ on flop, and with that pot size on the turn I'd bet at least 40-45c.

As a side note, when you leave a reply, please hit the advise judge to take another look button.

Best regards,

Bogdan
    • Rello
      Rello
      Bronze
      Thanks i will be sure to remember that for next time.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Rello
      Thanks i will be sure to remember that for next time.
      You are welcome.

Feel free to post more hands and best of luck at the tables.