[NL2-NL10] I hate getting reraised with QQ

• Edukator99
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 55.5 BB (VPIP: 1.92, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 52)
      SB: 114.5 BB (VPIP: 9.84, PFR: 8.20, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 62)
      BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 5.56, PFR: 5.56, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 18)
      Hero (UTG): 266 BB
      UTG+1: 115.5 BB (VPIP: 7.14, PFR: 7.14, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 14)
      UTG+2: 310.5 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
      MP: 137 BB (VPIP: 10.81, PFR: 10.81, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 37)
      MP+1: 53.5 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
      CO: 105.5 BB (VPIP: 6.67, PFR: 6.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 31)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to 4 BB, UTG+1 raises to 13 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 9 BB

Flop: (27.5 BB, 2 players) T:spade: 7:spade: T:club:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 21 BB, Hero calls 21 BB

Turn: (69.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 34 BB, Hero raises to 232 BB and is all-in, UTG+1 calls 47.5 BB and is all-in

I was actually going to fold preflop. The villain in unknown and he bet slightly over 3X my bet ..I thought he likely had AA or KK.

I called. then I had overcards on this flop and just couldn't see how to get away from the hand on the flop. I check called hoping he was cbetiing and would check down from there.

When he bet the turn...based on his stack size relative to the pot...I really didn't know what to do. I really didn't think he had a flush. I didn't really think most of those cards were in his range. So I went all in hoping he didn't have an over pair.

Basically...I just couldn't figure out if I should fold or call preflop... I called...then really didn't know what to do on that flop...
      Then completely melted down on the turn lol
  • 3 replies
    • mbml

if u want to call preflop you need to have a gameplan for how to play postflop. Maybe decide to c/c once then give up Turn if you think you are up mostly against AK/KK+. OR call down if you think he has a wider range and will get aggressive.

if your sample on villain was larger i would just fold immediately. In this case I think it's close. This is NL2 after all and given starting positions I don't really mind folding immediately -> I just don't think someone is 3betting here even with AK. His 4bet size is also extremely large.

I also think the alternative line of c/c once and give up Turn seems fine as well.
    • Edukator99
      Good point...I should have a plan!

Turns out he had KK.

What's a standard sort of plan against unknowns? Check call 1 street?

I hate to get paranoid and fold all the time...

There don't seem to be that many all in situations preflop that are much outside of AA, KK AKs, Ako QQ, JJ and AQ

Most I see seem to be AA, KK or AK...but it's rush so I don't see that many hands.
    • mbml
      Before formulating a plan, you need to roughly put villain on a range. Here are some examples.

1) Vs someone with a really wide 3betting range
      I would 4-bet for value and call it off

2) Vs someone with an ultra-tight 3bet range of KK+
      I would call with 22-QQ, provided the 3bet size is small enough. I would only continue on the Flop with a set

3) Vs someone with a tight range of AK, KK+ and the occasional bluff
      I would call one street on the Flop with QQ and fold to further turn action

4) Vs someone with a range that is not too wide or loose and is capable of being aggro
      I would call down on non A/K high Flops

In this situation, villain looks nitty over a small sample and given the starting positions I'm inclined to think that he either has range 2 or range 3 here.