Captcha

• spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      Hey have you guys received a CAPTCHA pop up at your tables while playing? It happen to me yesterday. I was surprised and a bit offended because they may have suspected me being a bot or something.

But anyway I emailed support and they replied:

Thank you for your email and for allowing us to be of assistance.

The prompt you received is a legitimate part of PokerStars' robot player detection and prevention system, known as a CAPTCHA. CAPTCHA is an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing Test to tell Computers and Humans Apart".

This system helps ensure that PokerStars is as free of "bots" as we can make it. The system has been designed such that most players will experience a CAPTCHA very rarely so as not to be intrusive upon your game play. The exact criteria for who receives a CAPTCHA and when cannot be divulged. - can't ask now why I got one

We ask for your cooperation in completing the CAPTCHA whenever it is presented to you, in order to help protect the integrity and security of our games here on PokerStars. Failure to complete the CAPTCHA when prompted may subject your account to unnecessary further CAPTCHAs or more careful scrutiny of your account.

Good luck in your games, and thank you for playing on PokerStars.

Regards,

Michalis
      PokerStars Support Team
      ---
      We are poker!
  • 11 replies
    • tomstaube
      tomstaube
      Bronze
      It hasn't happened to me yet. i am worried about boot influences on poker so i am very happy to hear this :D ,
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      It happens when you play a really long session or play on autopilot for a very long time.

Obviously there must be other reasons also but this is one of them.
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      Yeah this is a good move I suppose.

BTW, I forgot to mention that the captcha appeared on the chat screen and I think it covered the whole area (cant remember exactly). But the thing is, there is nowhere to input the text, so I just decided to spell and key-in the word in my keyboard and then the captcha disapeared. So I guess I did the right thing.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I hope it's not one of those super hard ones that I usually press Refresh on abut 50 times to find an easy one? >.<

But it's good to see Stars are looking out for them.
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      this happened to me id say it was over a year ago and it happened my girlfriend about 2 days ago

I think its a good thing as at least they are trying to keep the sofeware safe
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Gold
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      I hope it's not one of those super hard ones that I usually press Refresh on abut 50 times to find an easy one? >.<

I thought I was the only one doing that
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I saw it in a PokerStrategy video a couple of days ago and the coach completely ignored it :)
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      thazar, this means the coach either is a bot or has been playing a lot before video-session, trying to find the most upswing material for us to show.
    • MichaelGotAA
      MichaelGotAA
      Bronze
      I had a pop up on Party Poker in 2008 or that asked me to input a pin. So similar thing. It was when I first started playing & only played AJo or better. It only happend once. I started watching strategy videos just after then which corruped my thinking - lol. I personally am ok as long as it only happens rarely. I wouldn't want one poping up regular while trying to multi table, but its good that they are at least trying to stop bots.
    • camelz3391
      camelz3391
      Bronze
      I would not be offended. I would be pleased that Stars are putting things in place to stop bots on their software :)

Just hope you dont end up folding AA cause you timed out filling in the captcha :D
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Originally posted by doctorkgb
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt

I thought I was the only one doing that
      CAPTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!