[NL20-NL50] AK 3bet pot

• jazzy29
      jazzy29
      Silver
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($25)
      Hero (SB) ($33.35)
      BB ($28.99)
      UTG ($69.09)
      MP ($13.57)
      CO ($32.02)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
      UTG bets $1, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.25) 10, Q, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, UTG raises to $9, Hero?

Hey, villain was playing 50/20 @10hands
      I don't like calling here so much, if I call I have to fold the turn or I have to bring my hole stack in the pot anyways. A fold is possible, but weak as well. Do you think a push AI makes any sense in this spot? I would like to give him a range like QQ-TT,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo against this range I have 65% the problem is that its a 3bet pot and if I push I will isolate myself against a better range. Do you think with my FE and the odds against some 2pairs and draws I still have a EV+ decision when I push?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey J,

Do you hink QJo raises and calls a 3bet UTG then raises this flop? I'd say you are usually behind when you get raised on this flop. The next problem is you forgot the whole preflop action and only consider the flop in a vacuum.

What was the preflop action? He opens UTG and you 3bet in SB. His range here for calling will be medium to high suited cards and suited aces. What is your perceived range? High cards.

This board hits high cards, you cbet and he raises a range that hits both your ranges reasonably well. This might look a bit like too much talking in hindsight but when both ranges connect so well and your actual hand is on the weaker side, I much rather check here and let villain bluff. My prefered line is to check/call, then to bet/fold since I don't see AK being profitable against a standard raising range here.