This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL16 - [JQs] FD+GS vs flop raise

• ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $42.97 (268.6 bb)
      BTN: $25.47 (159.2 bb)
      SB: $39.49 (246.8 bb)
      BB: $16.50 (103.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q J
      Hero raises to $0.48, BTN calls $0.48, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.20) 8 K 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BTN raises to $2.40, Hero ???

Villain is relatively unknown, seems loose and passive though:

62/22/2.1 (post flop agg) over 39 hands
      Also 0(2) fold to cbet so relatively insignificant piece of information

Just wondering what the best course of action with a hand like this would be being oop etc.

Cheers
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi ABS,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What range do you expect him to raise and how's your equity versus it?

We have a decent combo draw so our equity is almost always good, however we rarely have FE versus a fish and I wouldn't expect too many draws to raise from a passive fish so I think calling is our best option.
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Postflop: What range do you expect him to raise and how's your equity versus it?
      This is something i'm trying to learn about (equity) so i can run some ranges myself through software

The minimum i would expect him to raise the flop with is with a slowplayed AA, maybe TPTK with Ah or 2 pair+ after that so villains range would be

V: KK+,99-88,K9s-K8s,98s,AhKc,AhKd,AhKs,K9o-K8o,98o - 59.5%
      H: JQs - 40.5%

Being oop makes the hand alot harder to play but i'm not sure if i just like calling down then folding without hitting although i guess when we do hit we are nearly guaranteed to get paid off. being deep helps calling i guess

If we are 100bbs effective would shoving the flop be good?