[NL20-NL50] zoom nl 50 99 vs squeeze

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $64.71 (129.4 bb)
      BB: $59.46 (118.9 bb)
      UTG: $52.50 (105 bb)
      MP: $58.20 (116.4 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 9
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.25, Hero calls $1.25, SB folds, BB raises to $6.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $12, BB raises to $59.46 and is all-in, Hero calls $38 and is all-in

First decision
      I think this is standard flat vs reg
      Second decision
      CO opener has 72% F3bet, so this makes me a little likely to think that villain will have an incentive to squeeze light here.

This what a 7% range I think can look like here.
      I don't see a reason for 3betting JJ/TT here as he can very rarely get them in as a favorite.

Against a range like this I make enough money when he folds to justify getting it in with 30-35% equity.

Third decision
      Need 37% equity to BE on the call, I don't get that but as stated above, counting for the times he folds this is the best play I came so far for this hand.

Vs QQ/AK I have almost 36% equity to I'm in great shape.

Worst scenario is when villain 3bets for value range of TT+/AQ+ and ships it in.

Then I only have 31% equity

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    31.19%  30.99%   0.21% { 99 }
      MP3    68.81%  68.60%   0.21% { TT+, AKs, AKo }

If he ships in AQ+/TT+, over 37% equity which is awesome.

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 37.26% 37.06% 0.20% { 99 }
      MP3 62.74% 62.54% 0.20% { TT+, AQs+, AQo+ }

Bonus question
      I think that squeezing JJ/TT to be a bad play since PFR would fold all but better and squeezer will have very good FE vs a typical cold caller range as well.

So, he can't get it in as a fav unless cold caller is defending aggressively, which is not usually happening on zoom nl 50.Which makes me look at JJ/TT as a bluff, and then Ax would work better.

Your opinion on this?
  • 2 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I think it's ok up to 3rd decision, where I'd say you're always up against AK, QQ+ and so it's slightly better to fold. Could maybe even take a couple of AK combos out and knock another % or 2 of your equity.

I like the 4bet size. I think here most nl50 zoom regs, with him OOP he is polarized and is not shipping with anything less than AK, QQ+ regardless of how big your 4 bet is.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Bonus question
      I think that squeezing JJ/TT to be a bad play since PFR would fold all but better and squeezer will have very good FE vs a typical cold caller range as well.

So, he can't get it in as a fav unless cold caller is defending aggressively, which is not usually happening on zoom nl 50.Which makes me look at JJ/TT as a bluff, and then Ax would work better.

Your opinion on this?
      I found it didn't take long for my squeezes to get zero respect and for a lot of regs be they be the open raiser or cold caller to start calling a shit ton of hands in and even out of position. They did this way more often than 4 betting. So 3betting JJ/TT for value against this range is fine imo.

So yeah if the are folding worse and only shipping better calling these hands is better, whilst squeezing hands with blockers is better. But if they are calling worse than it's good to squeeze a wider value range.