[NL2-NL10] nl10Sh AJo vs BU

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

BU: 80/40/6h
      SB: 14/10/304h

Pre: squeeze for value.

Flop: I guess I could check this but there is still value vs KJ, QJ hands.

Turn: Guess I should still bet here because of what I said on the flop.

River: Since I checked turn I check river again but again I think I can bet here. As played I think this is still a fistpump call. The way he played only JT and TT beat me. I think JJ+ will raise flop or bet turn at least. So his range are more hands that I beat.

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $15.06 (150.6 bb)
      CO: $14.28 (142.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10.34 (103.4 bb)
      BTN: $11.65 (116.5 bb)
      MP: $3.41 (34.1 bb)
      UTG: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A J
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.30, BTN calls $1, SB folds

Flop: ($2.90) 6 J 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BTN calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.90) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($5.90) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.20, Hero calls $4.20

Results:
      $14.30 pot ($0.71 rake)
      Final Board: 6 J 4 3 T
      Hero mucked A J and lost (-$7 net)
      BTN showed T T and won $13.59 ($6.59 net)

Thanks!

RasTweet
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ras,

Preflop: How is this a squeeze for value vs unknown BTN? Can you expect a ton of worse to call there? Or even a fair amount?

As played I would bet flop/turn given how dry it is and we have the best hand almost always. And since we don't know anything about the guy I would not check to hope he bets.

As played I think river is a fold. If he wanted to bluff he'd bet the turn and TT/JT got there. I can't see him valuebetting that big anything we beat.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Preflop: How is this a squeeze for value vs unknown BTN? Can you expect a ton of worse to call there? Or even a fair amount?
      I think ppl as a general will call w/ a lot of broadways IP pre, thats why I think it is a squeeze for value.

As played I would bet flop/turn given how dry it is and we have the best hand almost always. And since we don't know anything about the guy I would not check to hope he bets.
      When I reviewed the hand I thought about that as well.

As played I think river is a fold. If he wanted to bluff he'd bet the turn and TT/JT got there. I can't see him valuebetting that big anything we beat.
      But he'll also have KJ,QJ and God knows maybe ATs. Since I check twice I think most ppl will bet AT otr.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      It's thin value if anything and since he is unknown and we squeeze on the large side I doubt we have much value. If it were HU it would be different.

I really doubt he valuebets KJ,QJ or AT that big on the river, that's not really realistic.