BRM question

• shero1910
      shero1910
      Bronze
      hi guys...

i have a question about BRM.

i am building my bankroll up gradually (but slowly) it is about $80 and am playing FR cash NL2, usually 6 tables at a time.

what do i need my BR to be to move up to NL5 and do i need to take the multi tabling into account?

thanks
  • 6 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Shero,

A good BRM to start with in the Micros is a conservative 25Buyins.

NL2 - $50
      NL5 - $125
      NL10 - $250
      And so on...

You can sway either way of this a little, give the higher limits a shot if you're close but providing you stick with this roughly then you'll be fine.

You can read more on BRM in the start of This Article.

As for taking Multi-Tabling, I personally don't think matters too much with your BRM. As long as you're only playing an amount of tables that you can comfortably play your A-Game on then it shouldn't be a factor, just be sure to implement a strict Stop-Loss as going on tilt when playing more than 1 table can be devastating to your BR!

Hopefully that points you in the right direction, but if not don't hesitate to give us a poke ;)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      +1 to what Matt said. definitely want to read up a little more if you are unsure.

what i will add is that BRM should be a very personal thing. you need to ask yourself how comfortable you are going on a downswing. for example you'll most likely experience going on a -10BI downswing at some point so you have to question how you will feel - and how you will play - once your BR takes such a hit. i know that i need >30BI for a limit before i can even think about playing it comfortably and even until ~40BI i'm always a little uneasy. that said i think until nl10 25BI should be perfectly fine.

so imo work with the guidelines given for ~25BI for each limit, but once you start to get used to the swings you should at least consider adjusting your BRM to your own personal levels of comfort. and ofc the bottom line with BRM is that you should STICK TO IT! :D
    • shero1910
      shero1910
      Bronze
      Thanks guys
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by shero1910
      Thanks guys
      +1 some great advice there for you shero1910!
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      Hey Shero,
      just be sure to implement a strict Stop-Loss as going on tilt when playing more than 1 table can be devastating to your BR!

Hopefully that points you in the right direction, but if not don't hesitate to give us a poke ;)

So true believe me I know from experience and im still trying to recoup my losses
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      +1 to what Matt said. definitely want to read up a little more if you are unsure.

what i will add is that BRM should be a very personal thing. you need to ask yourself how comfortable you are going on a downswing. for example you'll most likely experience going on a -10BI downswing at some point so you have to question how you will feel - and how you will play - once your BR takes such a hit. i know that i need >30BI for a limit before i can even think about playing it comfortably and even until ~40BI i'm always a little uneasy. that said i think until nl10 25BI should be perfectly fine.

so imo work with the guidelines given for ~25BI for each limit, but once you start to get used to the swings you should at least consider adjusting your BRM to your own personal levels of comfort. and ofc the bottom line with BRM is that you should STICK TO IT! :D
      +1 million

On a slightly different note. In my opinion it's not the best idea to play 6 tables on nl2. During the micro's you have to learn the game and when playing 6 tables you're going to learn a very robotic style of playing.

My 2c