• dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      I need your help again. :)
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) IPoker Game#1122945837

SB ($5.01)
      BB ($10.24) 44/3/0.8/wts44/wsd9/fold to cbet33/river aggress.5(didn`t know in the hand),60 hands
      UTG ($1.85)
      UTG+1 ($13.92)
      UTG+2 ($4.51)
      MP1 ($1.81)
      MP2 ($1.25)
      MP3 ($0.97)
      Hero ($4)
      BTN ($7.54)

Dealt to Hero is CO J:heart: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, call, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, call, call,

FLOP ($0.62) 9:diamond: T:heart: 7:club:

check, check, Hero bets $0.45, BB calls $0.45, MP2 folds,

TURN ($1.52) 9:diamond: T:heart: 7:club: Q:heart:

check, check,

RIVER ($1.52) 9:diamond: T:heart: 7:club: Q:heart: 6:spade:

BB bets $1.96, Hero calls $1.96,

Hero shows J:heart: J:club:
      I spotted that villain several times went to showdown with quite marginal hands in big pots like tpwk,A high against shortstack.I started pot control on turn,but river didn`t change much,so I thought I was in wa/wb situation
      and called.My main concern was my river call justified?against this opp and against adequate opp.
      Thank you. :)
  • 2 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi dallievas,

PF and flop are OK, I'd bet a little bit more on the flop though since the board is drawy and you're against 2 opponents, $0.50 should be ok, but $0.45 is not bad.

But I don't like checking behind on the turn, the board is quite drawy, I'm disregarding pot control and betting again.
      The fact that you have seen villain going broke with crappy hands, should only get you inclined to bet again on the turn since he could easily call you with a T. With your reads I'd go broke on this hand.

As played, without any more reads I'm folding the river (Something like, "I know villain likes to overbet bluffs on the river"). I'd call a reasonable bet though since you induced a bluff by checking the turn.
      That bet is usually a bluff or a better hand than yours, and to make the call profitable you'd need to be sure villain bluffs more 36% on the river, although establishing a correct frequency for villain's bluff is impossible, I don't think he bluffs that much in that spot.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot :heart: :heart: :heart: