This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AJo vs raise top 2

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 139.2 BB (VPIP: 46.67, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 16)
      UTG: 120.54 BB (VPIP: 25.37, PFR: 20.90, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 68)
      MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 19.69, PFR: 15.99, 3Bet Preflop: 6.30, Hands: 608)
      CO: 35.3 BB (VPIP: 25.58, PFR: 18.60, 3Bet Preflop: 4.55, Hands: 43)
      Hero (BTN): 100 BB
      SB: 153.54 BB (VPIP: 25.71, PFR: 18.57, 3Bet Preflop: 9.52, Hands: 72)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, SB calls 1.5 BB, fold

Flop: (5 BB, 2 players) 2:club: A:heart: T:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 3.5 BB, SB calls 3.5 BB

Turn: (12 BB, 2 players) J:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 8.4 BB, SB raises to 27.9 BB, Hero calls 19.5 BB

River: (67.8 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows J:heart: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 46%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
      SB shows 5:diamond: 5:heart: (Two Pair, Tens and Fives) (Pre 54%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 64.42 BB

Fold turn? Is it ok to call river as well when I call turn? I think he plays this way 22, and KQ, maybe AT, A2, TT 3bets most likely, and if we include some bluffs with no outs, and bluffs with gutshots, I should be ahead of him.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey GK,

Given the positions I think he coudl definitely be doing this with worse hands, even like JT and A2, some BD flushes also possible imo.

Calling the turn is the way to go I think. On the river, wouldn't he bet anything that beats you? Seems liek a spot to value bet to me. If he has like AQ, or any Ax in his range he will be tempted to call.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey GK,

Given the positions I think he coudl definitely be doing this with worse hands, even like JT and A2, some BD flushes also possible imo.

Calling the turn is the way to go I think. On the river, wouldn't he bet anything that beats you? Seems liek a spot to value bet to me. If he has like AQ, or any Ax in his range he will be tempted to call.
      I agree I had value on river, but I thought that his raise on turn is polarized, and that he has mostly air which can't call, because he would probably bet 2 pair hands or sets.
      Since I don't have many hands on him, and he seems to be a regg who just joined ipoker, I wanted to see which hands he min raises on turn and calls flop, so I can adjust better in future.
      And now when I see 55 in his raise range, now I can call down more often, because his raise includes besides value hand and draws, gutshots also air hands. Also I think it is very important information that he raises turn and then gives up, so in future I can call his raise and give up river with medium hands ?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Basically, your assumption that he is very polarised proved correct when he shows 55 so that means that any hand that blocks a lot of his value hands is good too call, even a hand like KK if you double barrel it because he doesn't have AA and you block the straight. Ofc, you don't always bet/bet KK but it's just an example of hand strength + blocker value.