BTN: $5.98
      SB: $10.47
      BB: $10.00
      Hero (UTG): $10.46
      MP: $11.70
      CO: $8.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:heart: K:heart:

Hero raises to $0.35, MP raises to $1.20, CO calls $1.20, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3.20, MP raises to $11.70 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls $7.26 and is all-in
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi GreenPiece

Preflop: He is 3-betting large MP vs UTG which tells me that his range is on the stronger side. This tells me that we have close to 0 FE when we 4-bet so our play is marginal at best.

Calling after fish called would probably be my preferred line.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      My line of thought was like this:
      we have 2 fish behind us so his value hands he would call otherwise such as JJ, AQs, AK can go down in value if he just calls and lets fish to enter behind him. So he could actually 3bet those hands and I didn't want mway pot so decided to raise even further. Being OOP with my hands mway is smth I don't like...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      My line of thought was like this:
      we have 2 fish behind us so his value hands he would call otherwise such as JJ, AQs, AK can go down in value if he just calls and lets fish to enter behind him. So he could actually 3bet those hands and I didn't want mway pot so decided to raise even further. Being OOP with my hands mway is smth I don't like...
      It's not like we have AKo, we actually have the suited version and we hit stuff a lot more often.

And to expect a guy at 10nl to make those adjustments just because fish are behind is a bit far fatched.

Would you 3-bet AQs and JJ just because you have fish behind? And why would you, against what appears to be a reg with little info in UTG where his range should be stronger?