[NL20-NL50] nl20 KK 250BB deep

• geoka1
      geoka1
      Platinum
      Hi this hand is form annonymous table so no stats. i cold call 3bet because he 3bets utg and if i 4bet i show big strenght and i think i will get action only from AA. but utg 4bets and original 3betor folds. i have 3 options call, reraise or fold. if i rerasie and he call i think he will show me AA very often. fold is too weak. so i decide to call.
      flop is low and suited and he 1/2 pot cbets very fast. i called his 4bet to keep his weaker hands in but i have Kh so he cannot have AKhh so i think im here against AA very often so i folded.
      is it ok or should i choose another option pre?

Prima No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Prima Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (Button) ($58.39)
      SB ($20.09)
      BB ($18.16)
      UTG ($50.34)
      MP ($24.56)
      CO ($7.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
      UTG bets $1, MP raises $3, 1 fold, Hero calls $3, 2 folds, UTG raises $10, 1 fold, Hero calls $8

Flop: ($25.30) 7, 2, 4 (2 players)
      UTG bets $12.60, Hero folds

Total pot: $25.30

Results below:

UTG didn't show
  • 2 replies
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      I think the worst thing is to call his 4bet and give up unimproved. You pay 7$ to see the flop, so you don't have even call 8 rule, and you are not going to hit set often enough. Also if he really has AA here, and you call 4bet and hit set, he would be probably scared of K, Q, J the most and wouldn't play for 250BB but would pot control and maybe give up.

Also you underepresented your hand by calling 3bet, and UTG could 4bet with QQ, AK, since MP has only 24$ he can play for stacks vs him with dead money, and probably doesn't expect you to call. Also when you call his 4bet, maybe he still thinks you have PP and call for set value, so could cbet AK, QQ.
      I would call flop as played and maybe turn, but give up river
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi geoka1,

Originally posted by GingerKid
      I think the worst thing is to call his 4bet and give up unimproved. You pay 7$ to see the flop, so you don't have even call 8 rule, and you are not going to hit set often enough. Also if he really has AA here, and you call 4bet and hit set, he would be probably scared of K, Q, J the most and wouldn't play for 250BB but would pot control and maybe give up.

Also you underepresented your hand by calling 3bet, and UTG could 4bet with QQ, AK, since MP has only 24$ he can play for stacks vs him with dead money, and probably doesn't expect you to call. Also when you call his 4bet, maybe he still thinks you have PP and call for set value, so could cbet AK, QQ.
      I would call flop as played and maybe turn, but give up river
      I agree with this here.