KO tournaments

• 2 replies
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      I used to play them - the knockout feature means that there's always callers for your pushes. One strategy is playing fairly loose but in position early on, and pick off the fish and TAG's that obviously didn't hit the flop. When you hit, let them bet into you a bit more than usual. I figure since it's a knockout, they want to go all in with TPTK more often. I never hit lots of knockouts unless I won or made final table, in that case it's worth it to play them, and they start often. I finally got tired of all the LAG's cracking my AA on the first round, so I went to the 4$ 180 multis on stars.. much better there for playing tight style like mine.

Only advice is to play it within BRM, and play lots of them. winning one pays for quite a few. I think I won twice out of about 50 tourneys with 18-20% ITM. Not sure how many knockouts though, at least 50 I guess.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I played my first one of these tournaments a few days ago. I busted in about 30th place out of 550ish players. I only KO'd one player though, but I did leave a couple holding onto only a few chips, which sux. I just played a normal TaG style.

The only thing I did differently was, if a very short stack pushes allin, I was calling him very light. this being if you KO him, then you get a bonus, therefore making it +ev to call with weaker hands.

Stiev