[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom A9

Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $4.87 (97.4 bb)
      BB: $6.75 (135 bb)
      UTG: $4.55 (91 bb)
      MP: $4.34 (86.8 bb)
      CO: $1.25 (25 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:spade: 9:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.08, BB calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.30) 2:club: 9:spade: 7:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.20, BB folds, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.70) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.35, Hero raises to $0.98, SB calls $0.63

River: ($2.66) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.84, SB raises to $3.59 and is all-in, Hero folds

vs unk 17/10/AFq 44 after 30 h, call open 25 (8) and thus far donk 0/1 times

call F and raise T is pretty easy. With his low donkbets, he represents a wide, weak range including FDs, 9x, 2OC, OP, all of which are giving me more or less value and he only has 6 combos of sets.

Since all of his draws are busto, there's not really much giving me value here, so I bet small OTR. His rr is mindfucking and he's repping tricky T8, FH, K9, maybe Q9. I wouldn't be surprised if I was some part of the time bluffed out of my hand from QQ+ or a busted draw by a fish, but I don't think I'm ever good ~30% of the time, which I need here.

This is a pretty optimisting range anyway:
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 26.39% 22.22% 4.17% As9d
      MP3 73.61% 69.44% 4.17% JJ, 99, 77, 22, A9s, K9s, Q9s, T8s, A9o, K9o, Q9o, T8o
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi 00471,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Given that you bet so small on the river and draws missed it's possible that he has some semibluffs too. I can't see how we can fold our hand given that even 89/9T are possible in his range.

However, I would much more prefer a raise on the flop for value and if not a larger raise on the turn planning to bet big on most rivers.

And also, why did you bet so small, inducing, if you weren't willing to call? What calls a raise on the turn that can call 84c and not call a bigger bet? I can't see anything really. If anything you are inducing his many missed draws to raise as a bluff.

As a side note, when you leave a reply, don't forget to hit the advise judge to take another look button.
      Bronze
      So, what's the optimal game plan here, you think? Raise F for value vs draws, 9x, 88-TT, A7 and protection, bet any T, including broadways, xback broadway Rivers (except for Ax)?

I guess I wanted to keep all his random bluffs on in play and raise his Turn bet if he bets small for value. But I see your point with the sizing issue.

Do you think that as played my R sizing is bad? If you think that by betting so small I'm giving him a chance to bluff, I think that a bet like that and a call is optimal in this particular situation.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by 00471
      So, what's the optimal game plan here, you think? Raise F for value vs draws, 9x, 88-TT, A7 and protection, bet any T, including broadways, xback broadway Rivers (except for Ax)?

I guess I wanted to keep all his random bluffs on in play and raise his Turn bet if he bets small for value. But I see your point with the sizing issue.

Do you think that as played my R sizing is bad? If you think that by betting so small I'm giving him a chance to bluff, I think that a bet like that and a call is optimal in this particular situation.
      Our river sizing is bad in a spot where you are bet/folding because you don't really achieve anything with it and in fact you are losing value from certain hands in his range.

I would bet this small only if we wanted to induce him to raise, and then of course we snap call.

My line would be to raise flop, bet turn, and if turn is a broadway check back river.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      My line would be to raise flop, bet turn, and if turn is a broadway check back river.
      But on an Ax I bet big, since I still can get value from TP, twopairs and he'll just call or fold despite my sizing on an ace, which is the scariest card for fishes, right?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by 00471
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      But on an Ax I bet big, since I still can get value from TP, twopairs and he'll just call or fold despite my sizing on an ace, which is the scariest card for fishes, right?
      Of course Ax is different because it gives us 2p so we can get value from overpairs or worse 2p so we can bet bigger. Most people won't fold on it after they donk/call flop.