[NL20-NL50] NL 25 2nd straight

• Sasa1234
      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , J:diamond: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,25.
      MP1 folds, Hero calls $0,25, MP3 checks, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, SB calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,25) Q:club: , T:club: , 8:spade: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1,00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1,00, SB folds, BB calls $1,00.

Turn: ($4,25) 9:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2,50, CO raises to $6,00, BB folds, Hero calls $3,50.

River: ($16,25) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $12,00, Hero calls $12,00.

Final Pot: $40,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, queen high (Qs Jd)
      CO shows a straight, king high (Ks Js)

CO wins with a straight, king high (Ks Js)

Could i fold this?
  • 2 replies
    • timukasr
      Preflop looks weird, Id fold it. On flop, against so many opponents with top pair weak kicker I wouldn't bet it. On turn I'd raise more 3.5 or smthing and calling opponent raise is ok I guess because he will hold J too often here and river is fine.
    • Kaitz20
      I like to fold pf.
      QJ plays fine postflop, but open limp seems weak and you don´t want to call raise with that hand preflop.
      I like your bet on the flop, since you have some fold equity and you could have the best hand.
      I would c/c turn. You don´t have to protect your tpmk on drawy board, so nothing wrong taking free card. Against CO raise I like to fold. CO is representing here two pair or straight and since it is limped pot I´ve no reason to think that I´m ahead here. You may think that you have 8 outs, but CO could easily hold here KJ, which means you can´t win..
      Imo you could fold river. You´re not enough ahead here to make call profitable.