This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 2nd straight

• Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , J:diamond: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,25.
      MP1 folds, Hero calls $0,25, MP3 checks, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, SB calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,25) Q:club: , T:club: , 8:spade: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1,00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1,00, SB folds, BB calls $1,00.

Turn: ($4,25) 9:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2,50, CO raises to $6,00, BB folds, Hero calls $3,50.

River: ($16,25) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $12,00, Hero calls $12,00.

Final Pot: $40,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, queen high (Qs Jd)
      CO shows a straight, king high (Ks Js)

CO wins with a straight, king high (Ks Js)

Could i fold this?
  • 2 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Preflop looks weird, Id fold it. On flop, against so many opponents with top pair weak kicker I wouldn't bet it. On turn I'd raise more 3.5 or smthing and calling opponent raise is ok I guess because he will hold J too often here and river is fine.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like to fold pf.
      QJ plays fine postflop, but open limp seems weak and you don´t want to call raise with that hand preflop.
      I like your bet on the flop, since you have some fold equity and you could have the best hand.
      I would c/c turn. You don´t have to protect your tpmk on drawy board, so nothing wrong taking free card. Against CO raise I like to fold. CO is representing here two pair or straight and since it is limped pot I´ve no reason to think that I´m ahead here. You may think that you have 8 outs, but CO could easily hold here KJ, which means you can´t win..
      Imo you could fold river. You´re not enough ahead here to make call profitable.