Discussion for Thursday's coaching.

• 11 replies
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      - t847ss: trashy hand which hits miracle flop :-)
      - t847ss in sb calls to see a cheap flop (and beeing OOP, I personally wouldnt have done this)
      - BB raises either to steal or to polarise his range (and is IP which provides a small edge)
      without any stats on BB you cannot deduce if range is polarised or if this is a steal (or both)

flop comes and BB hits trips with nutflush blocker.

If I was the BB, I would have check called as SB could already have various straight and flush draws on the flop.
      SB check calls as have close to nuts already, but very easy not to have it by the river current hand does not have any nut draws and could be out drawn by a better.
      My question is with the Q comes at the river, would you be committed enough at the river to call the all in with a straight that could be drawing dead.
      Villians raise pre flop could mean AAxx, KKxx, AJTx, but not stats to help us..

PLease let me know what you think of my train of thought for this hand.
    • semmel81
      semmel81
      Bronze
      Play could make sense against some type of maniacs. And if we could play HeadsUp against an extreme weak player I like that Limp/Call.

Flopplay is standard.

On the Turn I prefer to Check/raise, or do you saw him tripple barrel with complete air? If he makes a double barrel only with strong hands, that hand becomes weird. You could be ahead (running against a solid draw), but your opponent could also have a freeroll.

So, in my opinion that Limp/call play makes sense against these type of players:
      1. Maniacs, that play pre and postflop ultraaggressive (PFR>50)
      2. Aggressive Players where you have quite accurate tells (sizing)
      3. Tilting Players
      (4.) Regs, who play overlyaggressive in such Blind vs Blind Situations

edit: maybe a 5th one: Players, that play some sort of stats like 80/0 and play face up postflop (just betting nuts, but calling weaker hands)

I filtered through my database and I find just a few hands with Openlimp in the SB on a full table. One time I make the same play with T875ss preflop against a 87/68 with 14AF, but unfortunately the Flop came KJJ. So I didn´t found sth similar like your hand :)
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Good posts so far, keep it up. Let me find you some stats on opponent...

• semmel81
      semmel81
      Bronze
      sick tendencies. as if he plays only position plus some sort of a psychotic blind defense, not the hands.

Fits with number 4 of my player types. So, I think preflop play makes sense!
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      [/quote]Although there isnt many hands on villain, I can see the following:

3bet % is highest in the BB for this person, I would expect the highest % to be from CO and BTN.
      BB fold to steal is 20% over 5 hands, so not really a stat we can make use of.

Call open on the BB is 40% over 5 hands, so this person likes to flat with anything resembling 4 cards that could hit something, again over a tiny sample size.

SO you could deduce that this player calls any 4 card on the BB, but will 3bet when having a high pair or rundown, and rarely will fold on the BB (BB fold to steal).

so limping in could give you information on his hand range as well as getting to see flop as cheap as possible (while beeing OOP)

Please let me know if you think this makes any sense.
    • semmel81
      semmel81
      Bronze
      Is that PLO coaching not available on twitch afterwards? only managed to see the last 20-30 minutes :(

I was thinking about the fact of manipulating an opponent to a wider range. Another spot could be an Openlimp from CO against a similar villain on the BTN. How about that?

I´m gonna watch out for such spots in the future and test a bit =) . never really thought deeply about it...
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by semmel81
      Is that PLO coaching not available on twitch afterwards? only managed to see the last 20-30 minutes :(
      It will be up for a couple weeks before being deleted.
      http://www.twitch.tv/pokerstrategy_english/b/404278715
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I am not 100% sure, but I think that the coaching will be available at least 4 days. After that, it might be deleted by Twitch. Unless PokerStrategy saves/highlights it (I don't know if this is done) it might not be available after 4 days.

Usually recordings at our community channel have been available for about 5-6 days.

Just wanted to say this so no one would miss it due to miscommunication. :)
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      thanks for the video, unfortunately I wasnt able to attend, but will make try my best in the future to attend the omaha coaching.
    • semmel81
      semmel81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      lol. don´t klick on that one because in the header stands SNG with UNAM
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      lol. don´t klick on that one because in the header stands SNG with UNAM
      This may or may not have been to do with me being very slow :f_frown:

Fixed