Bankroll for multitabling 2c/4c

• harveymeale
      harveymeale
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I'm planning on starting with 2c/4c - $5 buyin. I'm aware that you generally want a 20xbuyin bankroll to do this. My question is, will a $100 bankroll support multitabling (4 tables) at these stakes? Do I need a larger bankroll since, essentially, 1/5 of my bankroll is in play at once?
  • 5 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Yeah I'd say 20BI brm is good for micros. It's what I've used for NL2 to NL25, and using 25 BI for NL50 because it seems a bit harder. After a while you get a good idea of where your limits are and when you have discipline to move down/when you don't. Not moving down limits when you need to can be a disaster.

The downside of having less buy ins is downswings take up a bigger chunk of your roll, upside is you move up faster, and finding what number of buyins you need is just a part of balancing these 2 things.
    • harveymeale
      harveymeale
      Bronze
      But as far as multitabling goes, 20xBI is fine for 4 tables yes?
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      In general, Multi-tabling isn't affected by, or affect, bankroll. As long as you follow other rules for moving up and dropping down you'll be fine. By playing multiple tables you're really just playing hands a lot faster (in higher volume/time) and possibly lowering variance through spreading your game out to multiple places.

A down-side to multitabling is related to tilt. As long as you don't tilt and start donking off money you'll be fine, because if you do you'll have 4x the places/opportunities to do it.
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      edited due to double posting...

stupid slow internet at work....
    • harveymeale
      harveymeale
      Bronze
      Excellent, thanks for the information guys. :)