[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh AQ in min3bet pot

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10.57 (105.7 bb)
      SB: $20.74 (207.4 bb)
      BB: $16.04 (160.4 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10.57 (105.7 bb)
      MP: $9.05 (90.5 bb)
      CO: $2.35 (23.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A Q
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.15) Q T 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.15) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $9.07 and is all-in, Hero???

Info:
      villain is unknown - only 1 hand on him, but with a line like this we can assume he's weak.

Preflop:
      when he minraises preflop it's hard to say what his range might be since he is unknown, but i'm always cautious. he generates little fold equity with his sizing and so it could be the nuts. i think calling is okay because it is very possible that he just has some random hand that i'm ahead of and i dont think i can fold yet to these odds.

Flop:
      on the flop i don't really think leading is a good plan so i just check/call. i have my TPTK and i beat everything that isn't an overpair. my plan was to station down now that i hit. checkraising is overplay

Turn:
      on the turn he snap shipped which really confused me. i almost hero called but i think it's actually quite bad because he probably just has KK+ here. i dont see any other hand that would play that way and i don't have any reads to say he'd spazz out with AK so i decided to fold. what do you think his line means?
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Pre flop - looks strong if it was iintentional for value but maybe it was a misclick. It would have been this sizing if he misclick so I think it's ok to call.

Flop - he bets pretty big here I think he's betting close to his entire range here so I wouldn't give it too much credit. I don't think we have 3 streets of value oop with our hand so I prefer taking a passive line to andbbetting later.

Turn - this is almost never a bluff, not after we called the bet on the flop and the board is so dry. If he was shorter I could think he's jamming worse hands but a 3x over bet suggests the minimum he has here is an overpair 2p full houses or better