Patriks Poker Blog

• PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      Hello people from everywhere!

My name is Patrik and I am 28 years of age and
      just joined pokerstrategy and managed to pass
      the test on my first try and got the money the same day.
      I live in sweden and enjoy playing cards in general.
      I have tried out titan poker playing for fun from limit to
      nolimit holdem and with fullring and shorthanded.
      I think the lowest limit holdem fullring is
      the least risky and most profitable.
      I have been reading everything
      I can about that game.
      Maybe It is just about how I play the right
      cards at the right moment the right way?
      Well there are sit and goes and tournaments
      but I dont feel that it is worth all the time it
      takes to finish them especially if I lose.
      I will be playing for real next time and give
      comments about the hands that I play.
      The titan support is unfortunatly worthless
      if you have problems they just have answer
      machines and autoreply mail and that is it.
      I fixed all my registration/login problems myself
      by reseting internet explorer and try again.

Welcome with comments Patrik
  • 29 replies
    • Berra
      Berra
      Bronze
      Good luck at the real tables then.

I will try to comment if you post some no-limit hands. Can not comment on fixed limit because I suck and always lose when trying to play that game.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      GL at the real tables
      The players at these tables are much better than the players at the play money tables.
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Play some full ring at first to get the feel for real money. But switch to shorthand later cuz it's alot more fun. FL SH is an action game!
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      Hello pokerfriends!

I can make some variations in limit type,
      amount of players, and level of limit.
      I agree that shorthanded tables have alot of action
      but they could cost more in the long term because weaker
      hands have to be played and pay more blindes/hand.
      You will have the results of my first session at titan
      poker on monday and some hands will be posted.
      I hope to be sucessful in the long term and improve with time.
      I will have a long fun time at titan poker
      I think and I always have PS :)

/Patrik
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      :diamond: Q :spade: J and :spade: 9 :spade: K was the best cards
      I got and ofcourse I folded them since they are weak cards.
      I can ask a how they could be useful?

But this is a winning hand at FR NL 0.01/0.02 :)

TTR82673922 folded
      InTooDeep01 pays small blind $0.01 and folded
      PatrikLarsson pays big blind $0.02 and wins $0.03 with :club: 9 :spade: 8
      ImeeBp1986 folded
      Arubuminu folded
      Hellotiti folded
      Oeter2506 folded
      fishneedsmoney folded
      sitting out
      sitting out

I think I just will multi table the fullring
      micro limit NL tables wait for AA and go
      all in so that I can get the bonus of
      100 dollars and increase in level.

Patrik
    • Berra
      Berra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PatrikLarsson

I think I just will multi table the fullring
      micro limit NL tables wait for AA and go
      all in so that I can get the bonus of
      100 dollars and increase in level.

You wont win any money from me using this strategy and probably not much from others either. There are plenty of people using tracking software even at the micro-limits and they will notice you very quickly and fold faster than lightning when you finally make a move.

Choose a strategy from the articles here on PokerStrategy instead.
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      I guess I have to throw away every card then since none of them
      are playable since luck has too big influence over the game..
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      I am very happy now since I tried shorthanded and no limit 0.01/0.02 and after some time I have won one full buy in :)
      It is a big sucess since whatever I did at the table I seemed to win pot after pot whit good combinations good hands and bluffing with nothing on a good flop and I fell happy and will continue playing this game as my sport.
      I think I should try to double the money to go to the higher level?
      At last the login works at titan, great.
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      I tried the higher levels and played even at NL 20 and realised it is better to play really strong cards and to be careful and dont bluff but i gained alot of points however but i hope to hit the jackpot and ECOOP sounds interesting
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      I am a regular player at 0.01/0.02 shorthanded no limit tables but
      I cant seem to beat the players playing any two so the only thing I can do is to reduce my starting hands and the amount I bet and hope to connect to the flop or otherwise fold all the time since it is not expensive doing so.
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      Stick strictly to the SHC, when you raise raise to 4 BB+1 for every opponent that entered hand limping. And read all strategy articles, don't bluff at all and post hands.
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      The betting is good atleast i get rid of half the callers but my high cards are still busted so now I will only play pairs from five and up nothing else and not raise pot size, just call like everyone else and bet big when i hit trips.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I guess I have to throw away every card then since none of them
      are playable since luck has too big influence over the game..
      Luck has very little to do with this game since luck works both ways and cancels each other out.... over a long period of time suck outs and bad beats should cancel each other out.
      '
      With that said.. read the strategies. A lot of hands can be very profitable which don't even show any pictures.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      The betting is good atleast i get rid of half the callers but my high cards are still busted so now I will only play pairs from five and up nothing else and not raise pot size, just call like everyone else and bet big when i hit trips.
      99+ in late position, raise. JJ+ in middle position raise, QQ+ raise

Do not limp with high pockets.

By the way, are you playing sss or bss. sss at your limits makes no sense to me so I assume your playing bss.
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      well the only cards I actually has won anything with is pocket pairs and ace high suited.. throwing cards away all the time wont help me win and since everyone is playing any two cards it is very hard winning any if you dont hit the flop very hard i noticed.. i juist like to hit like top pair and second highest two pair just to be beaten by a higher hand or combination.
      I hit a flush once and that is the best hand i ever got exept my bluff four of a kind in twos :)
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Not everyone is playing any 2 cards.....
      each player has a system and sets of cards he plays, which changes according to his position and other players on the table.. unless he/she is a beginner.

The reason why you were beaten might be pre-flop play, and combinations because of post-flop play.

And yes throwing away a lot of cards does make you win. I only play few cards, maybe 15-25% of all the cards I get. Out of those there are even fewer I raise with pre-flop.

It might feel that everyone is playing any 2 cards... but thats really not true. Just because they bet doesn't mean they hit something on the flop.

With experience you will notice this. You do not need a nuts hand to win. Your not only playing with the cards, your also playing against players. Even though you can't see them online like in life games, this is still an important factor in the game.
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      the tables that i play at are beginners tables and yes they DO play anything unless it costs too much meaning that a big pre flop bet like 5-10BB will rid of the players unless they got something or have a full buy in and are not shortstacked i always buy in full and push the shortstacks and play the flop hard if i hit or if it seems that nobody else has hit aswell then i make a bet bigger than the pot and everyone else folds making it a bluff or semibluff or even when i hit to make them guessing today i threw almost everything away even KQ suited in early position and that was good play since the raiser had AA with the ace of my suit the level 0.02/0.04 has same buy in as my regular level so i play that level aswell but not 0.05/0.10
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      The last mounth I havent played almost a single hand and poker isnt really waiting for the best hand to come and then connect with the flop because it wount happen.. however pair of jacks and better usually stand up good even unimproved and seems always to be playable but high cards MUST hit something with both your cards or be thrown away and it doesnt matter if they are suited or not since the flop often is rainbow.
      I disagree with the articles that two pair is a monster because three
      of a kind or better always is so even if you have top two pair you will get beaten most of the time against a puny pair that turned into trips on the flop. Sure you can always go all in before the flop if everyone else is shortstacked and have minimum buyin when you have full just to push them to call or fold and most of the time they fold if they dont have the high pair and you more often get called if the caller have more cash then you have or is more likely to just play anything and is curious.
      Pair is superior to any other startinghand.
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      I have been playing again sneaking up early in the morning finding a nice table (.01/.02) and i was happy to see the hand AK so I raised to 10c most fold and then i hit the king on the flop and went all in since the flop was rubbish and got called by a king crap so i doubled up and thet was a nice break in the losing rounds making my bankroll go almost back to normal.
      My girlfriend hate poker and all kinds of games but i dont care and play anyway since everything else is boaring really. Wont play for a while doh since my head and eyes are hurt from a eye infection that has been spreading around.