[NL2-NL10] NL5SH - JJ OP IP wet board w/o initiative

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      MP is unknown at the time of the hand

Preflop: Not sure I can 3b for value, therefore flat IP to keep his dominated range in the hand

Flop: Not sure how to play on these textures. Recently I have just been calling and re-evaluating the T, but generally don't know how to proceed.

I guess I can either:
      1) Call and re-evaluate T and fold to further aggression ( I generally just turn into a station when I do this as you can see in the following hand. I seem to just call the F and then think I'm probably still ahead: "I call" and then they bet the river and I think : " I guess I'm actually behind, they're probably not bluffing, I fold")
      2) Raise fold the F - I can still get value from the weaker parts of their range 66-TT and some draws, I also protect my hand at the same time. The problem with this vs unknowns for me is that I don't know whether they 3b a worse hand. I generally have to assume that if they 3b the flop that I am behind
      3)fold the flop - I think that this would be way too weak

as played:

Turn: I still beat some 99/TT/77/33/66 and some draws. I didn't see any point in raising, thought I would definitely turn my hand into a bluff now, althought I could still raise/fold and x/beh R and fold to continued aggression.

River: Dont think he value shoves a worse hand or bluff so folded.

In such a situation I think that I do isolate myself vs a slightly stronger range, but I certainly don't turn my hand into a bluff I think.PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $17.84
      SB: $3.85
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $5.35
      MP: $5.22
      CO: $14.30

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has J:diamond: J:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.15, fold, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 5:club: 4:heart: 2:heart:
      MP bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($0.97, 2 players) 8:heart:
      MP bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

River: ($2.47, 2 players) 9:club:
      MP bets $4.02 and is all-in, fold

MP wins $2.37
  • 2 replies
    • MareksVas
      MareksVas
      Bronze
      I would have 3betted preflop as he is unknown,and his range there could be really wide,any pp,AT+,KQ,KJ and so on, and spare myself trouble post flop.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      pre flop - JJ is a fine hand to call to play in position being ahead of his range, i dont mind 3betting though if we know hes calling wide vs 3bets

flop - i think he could barrel this flop with Ax or possibly his entire range so we can call here, raising here folds out worse hands and isolates us against the stronger range which is overpairs sets flush draws and Ax, and if we are re-raised we have to fold because hes usually doing it with hands that crush us. so i favor calling here

turn - i think he would still barrel Ax and one card flush draw here and we can call again. however here i would plan for the river, i dont expect him to be bluffing rivers too often but we are at the top of our range here. i would call non :heart: non A non 3 rivers and fold the rest since he could have Ax or :heart: . raising here is the same as the flop, isolates us against the stronger hands that crush us.

river- this is unexpected, i dont think hes bluffing with this size on the river, so im folding here.

cgf