[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Ak

Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $11.06 (221.2 bb)
      SB: $1.59 (31.8 bb)
      BB: $6.63 (132.6 bb)
      UTG: $2.50 (50 bb)
      MP: $5.50 (110 bb)
      CO: $4.86 (97.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:diamond: K:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.36, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.21

Flop: ($0.79) 4:diamond: T:heart: Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.34, UTG calls $0.34

Turn: ($1.47) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.47) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.70, Hero raises to $10.36, UTG calls $1.10 and is all-in

villain is an unk/1 tabling so probably a fish

pf is std and this is my std sizing for playing vs halfstacks, I don't ever call a hand vs them that needs improvement, so I usually 3b them with blockers or fold my hand

I CBet for value vs KJ, J9, AJ, maybe GS and random hands, which might have called. If I hit my outs, I'm shippint Turns. If I get called and get a FD, I pot control. I don't know if he'll fold out PPs after I ship Turn for a semi-bluff, I doubt he'll ever fold a Tx.

T as planned and 8 isn't the best card for me.

R is obv.

My question is about the Flop plan.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop you should 3bet at least 3x.

As played, this board is not the best to cbet against an unknown opponent so being IP I would take the free card.

On the turn I don't mind checking back. I don't think we have enough FE to justify a bet here.

The river is standard.

Best,
      Plamen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop you should 3bet at least 3x.

As played, this board is not the best to cbet against an unknown opponent so being IP I would take the free card.
      Don't agree with your preflop suggestion if you 3b as a std 3x vs halfstacks. Might agree if you insist on that sizing to get max value out of AK and to play imbalanced. Could you clarify why?

Why isn't that a good F to CBet is pretty obvious, but don't you think that by CBetting this hand we make our life simply easier and get good info on the Flop? The F CB is my biggest concern here and would appreciate a detailed response.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      We should make it bigger because villain is a fish and we want to take maximum value here.
      About the flop - this board hits his calling range pretty well and I don't think we are taking the pot often enough here, also even if we hit A or K we don't have the best hand most of the time.