Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.65) J:spade: 5:club: T:club:

BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

TURN ($1.65) J:spade: 5:club: T:club: 8:diamond:

BB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

RIVER ($4.05) J:spade: 5:club: T:club: 8:diamond: 2:diamond:

BB bets $2.65 (AI), Hero calls $2.65

Hero shows K:heart: K:spade: (Pre 72%, Flop 80.2%, Turn 88.6%)BB shows A:spade: J:heart: (Pre 28%, Flop 19.8%, Turn 11.4%)Hero wins $8.89

I open my KK preflop and get called by a shortstack in the BB

Immediately on the flop, he donks at me for bigger sum...here I thought that he probably is doing this with either a top pair, second pair and thinking I probably didnt hit the flop since I open from LP allot...I call his bet, I guess he could be doing this with draws, but I think he would probably do a check raise at some point, so wasnt really buying it

Not the best card I wanna see on the turn, and he continues to put large bets in...as I mentioned before...I somehow didnt take him for a draw here so I just continued to play a bit passive and call(raising at any point would probably isolate me vs strong hands and I had good showdown value)

River is a blank, if he was to check, Id bet it myself...he shoves and I go on with my hand and call him
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

We should raise here on the flop and plan to shove the turn. There are worse hands such as TP/draws that can continue.

As played, I would shove the turn.

As played, calling down is fine.

Best,
      Plamen
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      We should raise here on the flop and plan to shove the turn. There are worse hands such as TP/draws that can continue.

Against a full stack would you still plan to raise/broke the flop vs an unknown?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      For 100bb without any special reads I am still raising, but if he goes over the top I wold consider folding here.

Don't really think that KK are going to be good enough to stack off for 100bb in this spot.