SB ($3.80)
      Hero ($14.24)
      UTG ($15.51)
      UTG+1 ($10.21)
      CO ($4)
      BTN ($9.80)

CO posts $0.05

Dealt to Hero 3:heart: 8:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.05, fold, fold, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.45) 8:club: K:spade: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks

TURN ($0.45) 8:club: K:spade: 5:diamond: 2:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $0.20, CO folds, Hero calls $0.20, UTG folds

RIVER ($0.85) 8:club: K:spade: 5:diamond: 2:diamond: 8:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

Hero shows 3:heart: 8:spade: (Pre 31%, Flop 18.4%, Turn 11.4%)UTG+1 shows J:spade: K:heart: (Pre 69%, Flop 81.6%, Turn 88.6%)Hero wins $2.33

I check my hand preflop...not much I can do

I hit mid pair on the flop...I dont want to bet it myself as I think there are pretty good chances someone has Kx here, would probably fold it to any bet...all proceed to check

Turn changes basically nothing...MP throws in a 1/2 bet...I think he was probably trying to take a stab at the pot if anything...so I just called here, if he is going to continue with betting on the river Ill just fold..if not, I still have ok showdown value

I hit trips on the river...I figure it like this...if I bet, Ill probably just scare him away if he was taking a stab on the turn, I also might get raised and that would probably mean stronger 8x hands than mine...if I check here...Ill go to showdown, if he has a Kx he might bet again, if he has 8x he is probably going to bet but Im still calling here, also he could be trying to bet as a bluff...he throws in a pot size bet...I was thinking now that he probably is on a stronger 8x hand here, but had to call it anyway because he could have been doing this for all the reasons I mentioned above too
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that you should just fold the turn but as played I can't see why we can't put a raise on the river (and fold to a reraise). Sure he bet pot size and that polarizes his range but all his Kx hands have 2p now so he may feel stronger. I feel that a reraise of about 2.5-3x would be good here.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Postflop: I think that you should just fold the turn but as played I can't see why we can't put a raise on the river (and fold to a reraise).
      hm..havent really thought about that, like you said, he probably will call with any Kx here and only strong 8x would raise me anyway...I might get more value out of every other hand...thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Postflop: I think that you should just fold the turn but as played I can't see why we can't put a raise on the river (and fold to a reraise).
      hm..havent really thought about that, like you said, he probably will call with any Kx here and only strong 8x would raise me anyway...I might get more value out of every other hand...thanks
      And you may even get called by other worse hands that he decides to play stupidly (mostly pairs and maybe some Ax). But we are done with the hand as soon as we get raised.