NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($24.57)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($3.98)
      UTG+1 ($25.09)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, fold, BTN calls $0.60, Hero raises to $2.40, fold, fold, BTN calls $1.80

FLOP ($5.60) J:diamond: J:spade: 4:club:

Hero bets $2.80, BTN raises to $7.60 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $10.64

69/9, fcbet 46, raise cbet 8 (26), afq total 24, 147h

notes:
      mr UTG w Ats, check in 3way sandwich 256ss, bet 1/2 T when FD posible, check 8
      c/c small cbet Qxx w QT, check 6 when FD posible, check 8
      call big cbet Jxx, fold to cbet T

He is just too pasive and I am not beating him after he raises. Only the thing is - I get so good odds, I need to be ok 1/5 of the time. ANd if he has hand like 88, I have 27% eq. But not sure if he would raise with 88. THere is a chance.

Or maybe he even raises AK. THen my equity drops.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: You do fight a range so there's no point at picking random hands from his range and seeing how you do versus them. Take your hand vs his entire possible range (which can be wide). I would take a best case scenario, worse case and then a most probable.

For example, if the best case scenario is barely break even and the worst case is really bad then we have a clear fold.

However, given his stack size, the action preflop and the board texture (plus info on villain) what's the purpose of the flop bet? Can't we check and not be afraid of being bluffed by such a passive guy and then we can play the next streets?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      what's the purpose of the flop bet?

the situation where I feel - don't know what to do :) did not think about him being passive so I could check.

I was thinking that way (which I knwo now this does not make sense against him) - if I check and he bets - my bluffcatcher migt be not good enougt to c/c.

And if I bet, I make imediate profit, because he has wide preflop calling range and cannot continue with ton of it.

BUt now agree that he is so passive, so I can even c/f. Unless he bets really small.

Actuallty vs various range I do bad, unless he is capable of raising which pure air like 56. BUt we cannot assume by the stats. Still sometimes they do not act like we would think he should by the stats, but proably its not often enough, so fold is safe.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      what's the purpose of the flop bet?

the situation where I feel - don't know what to do :) did not think about him being passive so I could check.

I was thinking that way (which I knwo now this does not make sense against him) - if I check and he bets - my bluffcatcher migt be not good enougt to c/c.

And if I bet, I make imediate profit, because he has wide preflop calling range and cannot continue with ton of it.

BUt now agree that he is so passive, so I can even c/f. Unless he bets really small.

Actuallty vs various range I do bad, unless he is capable of raising which pure air like 56. BUt we cannot assume by the stats. Still sometimes they do not act like we would think he should by the stats, but proably its not often enough, so fold is safe.
      Exactly,

So with super passive fish you can take a more passive line and go for a delayed cbet for thin value. Of course he will check back some better hands often but you also increase the chance that you get called by draws or Ax on the turn.